CNET Reviews – Most Popular Laptops
- Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon - CNET Reviews - Most Popular Laptops
The third version of Lenovo's ultralight 14-inch laptop, the X1 Carbon, gets nearly all the basics right while adding a few new twists, including a function key row that changes app by app.
- Apple MacBook Air (11-inch, June 2013) - CNET Reviews - Most Popular Laptops
Apple�s new 11-inch Air goes a conservative route in 2013, emphasizing longer battery life and more affordable pricing over any big design changes. The battery boost alone might be worth it.
- Acer Aspire R7 - CNET Reviews - Most Popular Laptops
Acer deserves credit for trying new things in the ambitious Aspire R7. If you can get used to the odd touch pad, it's good for sharing your screen with a group, but it may be just too far outside the mainstream for wide appeal.
- Samsung Series 5 UltraTouch - CNET Reviews - Most Popular Laptops
Samsung's midprice Series 5 UltraTouch looks and feels like a more expensive machine, but keeps it simple by skipping the complex hybrid mechanics of so many new Windows 8 systems.
- Microsoft Surface with Windows 8 Pro (64GB) - CNET Reviews - Most Popular Laptops
The Surface Pro's gutsy design successfully reinvents the Windows 8 laptop by cramming an ultrabook experience into the body of a 10-inch tablet. Those wanting to go all-in on the tablet experience won't regret buying the Surface Pro, but we're holding out for a future, more polished generation of the device.
- Asus Zenbook UX32VD - CNET Reviews - Most Popular Laptops
With a Core i7 CPU, discrete graphics, and a full HD screen, the Asus Zenbook UX23VD is pretty close to being the ultrabook that has it all, but you'll pay for all those features.
- Sony Vaio E Series SVE11113FXW - CNET Reviews - Most Popular Laptops
With only a handful of 11-inch laptops still available, serious travelers are flocking to ultrathin 13-inch models instead. But the low price and good battery life of the Sony Vaio E keep it from being counted out.
- Lenovo ThinkPad X230 - CNET Reviews - Most Popular Laptops
There may not be a better full-fledged business ultraportable than the ThinkPad X230, but more efficient, less expensive, and thinner ultrabooks are the real future of this category.
- Samsung Chromebook Series 5 550 - CNET Reviews - Most Popular Laptops
Despite solid hardware and a slightly improved Chrome OS, the Samsung Chromebook Series 5 550 comes with far too many caveats and compromises compared with similarly priced but more-capable tablets and laptops.
- Lenovo ThinkPad X220 - CNET Reviews - Most Popular Laptops
The Lenovo ThinkPad X220 packs in a new Intel Core i5 CPU and can run all day (depending on how you use it). With a 12.5-inch display, it's just a bit smaller than a 13-inch laptop, and it feels like an excellent compromise for frequent travelers.