CNET Reviews – Most Popular Laptops
- Apple MacBook Air (11-inch, June 2013) - CNET Reviews - Most Popular Laptops
Apple�s new 11-inch Air goes a conservative route in 2013, emphasizing longer battery life and more affordable pricing over any big design changes. The battery boost alone might be worth it.
- Samsung Series 5 UltraTouch - CNET Reviews - Most Popular Laptops
Samsung's midprice Series 5 UltraTouch looks and feels like a more expensive machine, but keeps it simple by skipping the complex hybrid mechanics of so many new Windows 8 systems.
- Microsoft Surface with Windows 8 Pro (64GB) - CNET Reviews - Most Popular Laptops
The Surface Pro's gutsy design successfully reinvents the Windows 8 laptop by cramming an ultrabook experience into the body of a 10-inch tablet. Those wanting to go all-in on the tablet experience won't regret buying the Surface Pro, but we're holding out for a future, more polished generation of the device.
- Toshiba Satellite U925t - CNET Reviews - Most Popular Laptops
The mechanical elements of the Toshiba Satellite U925t convertible laptop are complex, but well-made. It won't be your main machine, but it's one of the more usable Windows 8 launch experiments.
- Dell XPS 12 - CNET Reviews - Most Popular Laptops
Dell has revamped its rotating Duo laptop concept into the much-improved XPS 12, but like most convertibles, it makes a better laptop than tablet.
- Asus Zenbook UX32VD - CNET Reviews - Most Popular Laptops
With a Core i7 CPU, discrete graphics, and a full HD screen, the Asus Zenbook UX23VD is pretty close to being the ultrabook that has it all, but you'll pay for all those features.
- Sony Vaio E Series SVE11113FXW - CNET Reviews - Most Popular Laptops
With only a handful of 11-inch laptops still available, serious travelers are flocking to ultrathin 13-inch models instead. But the low price and good battery life of the Sony Vaio E keep it from being counted out.
- Lenovo ThinkPad X230 - CNET Reviews - Most Popular Laptops
There may not be a better full-fledged business ultraportable than the ThinkPad X230, but more efficient, less expensive, and thinner ultrabooks are the real future of this category.
- Samsung Chromebook Series 5 550 - CNET Reviews - Most Popular Laptops
Despite solid hardware and a slightly improved Chrome OS, the Samsung Chromebook Series 5 550 comes with far too many caveats and compromises compared with similarly priced but more-capable tablets and laptops.
- Lenovo ThinkPad X220 - CNET Reviews - Most Popular Laptops
The Lenovo ThinkPad X220 packs in a new Intel Core i5 CPU and can run all day (depending on how you use it). With a 12.5-inch display, it's just a bit smaller than a 13-inch laptop, and it feels like an excellent compromise for frequent travelers.