CNET Reviews – Most Popular Laptops
- Toshiba Chromebook - CNET Reviews - Most Popular Laptops
Toshiba enters the growing Chromebook market with the first 13-inch model. It's a great size for switching between travel and home/office use and feels comfortable to type on, but other Chromebooks offer more features for the same price.
- Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon - CNET Reviews - Most Popular Laptops
The third version of Lenovo's ultralight 14-inch laptop, the X1 Carbon, gets nearly all the basics right while adding a few new twists, including a function key row that changes app by app.
- Dell XPS 13 (Fall 2013) - CNET Reviews - Most Popular Laptops
Early versions of the Dell XPS 13 had promise, but lacked must-have features. Over time, the system slowly added a high-res display, then a touch screen, making the new 2014 version an ultrabook that hits nearly all the marks.
- HP Spectre 13t-3000 Ultrabook - CNET Reviews - Most Popular Laptops
The HP Spectre 13 is an excellent all-around ultrabook, with a great keyboard, display, and battery life. The unique Control Zone touch pad is interesting, but I wish it were a little more useful and intuitive.
- Lenovo IdeaPad Yoga 2 Pro - CNET Reviews - Most Popular Laptops
A major update to our favorite Windows 8 hybrid, the IdeaPad Yoga 2 Pro is still a better laptop than tablet, but the new version adds a future-proof better-than-HD display at a great price.
- Samsung Ativ Book 9 Plus - CNET Reviews - Most Popular Laptops
If you�re just looking for an all-around excellently made Windows touch ultrabook and don�t mind that it's on the expensive side (and doesn�t convert to a tablet), the improved Samsung Ativ Book 9 Plus is worth the investment.
- Sony Vaio Pro 13 Touch Ultrabook - CNET Reviews - Most Popular Laptops
For those who want an excellent ultraportable laptop with more than just the latest Intel processors, the Sony Vaio Pro 13 Touch is it.
- Acer Aspire R7 - CNET Reviews - Most Popular Laptops
Acer deserves credit for trying new things in the ambitious Aspire R7. If you can get used to the odd touch pad, it's good for sharing your screen with a group, but it may be just too far outside the mainstream for wide appeal.
- Samsung Series 5 UltraTouch - CNET Reviews - Most Popular Laptops
Samsung's midprice Series 5 UltraTouch looks and feels like a more expensive machine, but keeps it simple by skipping the complex hybrid mechanics of so many new Windows 8 systems.
- Samsung Chromebook Series 3 - CNET Reviews - Most Popular Laptops
The $249 Samsung Chromebook is a good extra computer for cloud-loving Google-centric Web users.