CNET Reviews – Top Rated Laptops
- MSI GE60 Apache Pro-003 - CNET Reviews - Top Rated Laptops
The MSI GE60 combines one of Nvidia's new 800-series GPUs and other high-end components, in a gaming rig that's not the desk-hogging backbreaker some others are.
- Asus ROG G750JZ-XS72 - CNET Reviews - Top Rated Laptops
The Asus line of gaming laptops has always offered excellent high-end configurations, along with custom software and hardware tweaks. This latest version of the G750 bets on Nvidia's brand-new line of GPUs, and includes the current top-end card for great gaming performance.
- Kirabook 13-i7s-touch Ultrabook - CNET Reviews - Top Rated Laptops
The design of Toshiba's high-end Kirabook hasn't changed since last year, but it has aged gracefully. The components get an update and the battery life gets a big boost, making this an all-around excellent, but expensive, ultrabook.
- Toshiba Chromebook - CNET Reviews - Top Rated Laptops
Toshiba enters the growing Chromebook market with the first 13-inch model. It's a great size for switching between travel and home/office use and feels comfortable to type on, but other Chromebooks offer more features for the same price.
- HP Spectre 13t-h200 x2 - CNET Reviews - Top Rated Laptops
A rare larger-screen hybrid, the HP Spectre x2 aims to be both a portable laptop and a video-friendly slate. The price is right, but the design feels awkward and the wonky touch pad makes it hard to use as a full-time laptop.
- Acer C720P Chromebook (C720P-2600) - CNET Reviews - Top Rated Laptops
The Acer Chromebook C720P manages to get better at all the key things, adding up to a little laptop alternative that's better than any budget Chromebook we've seen before.
- Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon - CNET Reviews - Top Rated Laptops
The third version of Lenovo's ultralight 14-inch laptop, the X1 Carbon, gets nearly all the basics right while adding a few new twists, including a function key row that changes app by app.
- Dell Venue 11 Pro - CNET Reviews - Top Rated Laptops
Betting on a full 1080p display partly justifies the Dell Venue 11 Pro's higher price compared to other Atom-powered tablets. But the keyboard dock add-on, which should turn this into a functional laptop alternative, is too expensive and occasionally frustrating to use.
- Dell XPS 11 (Fall 2013) - CNET Reviews - Top Rated Laptops
Attempting to out-Yoga the Yoga, Dell's flip-screen XPS 11 has a great design, but isn't as practical as other hybrids for actually getting work done thanks to a frustrating keyboard.
- Dell XPS 15 (Fall 2013) - CNET Reviews - Top Rated Laptops
The Dell XPS 15 takes on Apple's MacBook Pro with Retina Display in almost every category, even beating it in a few. But for such a hefty investment, a design overhaul is in order.
- Technology Today
- Ask the Expert
- Sites of the Day
- Space Tech
- Blogs of the Day
- Top Downloads