- Bronze Age 'Egtved Girl' probably not Danish;...
- Severe weather potentially linked to Arctic...
- So...it literally rained spiders in Australia
- Woof: Human-dog bond may be older than we thought
- Mountain gorilla moms avoid inbreeding
- Flooding may have caused the fall of ancient US...
- Archaeologists find first dinosaur fossil in...
- Why mollusk shell designs are genius
- Astronomers witness supernova crash into star
- New Horizons may carry crowdsourced message to...
- VIDEO: Building a supermassive black hole
- Advanced Ligo's hunt for gravitational waves...
- Janus: The loneliest moon in the solar system
- Researchers find new, impossible type of galaxy
- What's up with the balancing rocks on this comet?
- redOrbit exclusive: How religions view aliens
- First-ever 3D film of 'killer' T cells wrecking...
- Sense of self placement influences decision-making
- We're shaped by nature or nurture? Study answers
- Gene mutation found to delay puberty
- Are high heels bad for you?
- Love hormone, alcohol affect the brain similarly
- Lucid dreaming: What, how, and why?
- Dads more likely to speak to babies like...
- New system reduces mobile gaming data use
- L'Oreal to 3D print skin
- Could excessive gaming increase Alzheimer's risk?
- Want a new laptop? Just break your old one,...
- Tiny microbes have power to clean waterways
- Cellphone bans improve school test scores
- The hoverbike is coming in 2017
- VIDEO: Check out these crazy robotic ants
Word of the Day
- The analysis of literature, focusing on the words and grammar to the exclusion of context or literary merit.
The word 'logocentrism' is a blend of logo- + centrism.
Quote of the DayThe pre-human creature from which man evolved was unlike any other living thing in its malicious viciousness toward its own kind. Humanization was not a leap forward but a groping toward survival.
- Eric Hoffer (1902 - 1983), U.S. philosopher.