Newest JouleX Energy Manager Product Suite Expands to Include Number of Industry “Firsts”
ATLANTA, Sept. 20, 2011 /PRNewswire/ — JouleX, the leading innovator in enterprise energy management systems for data centers, distributed office environments, and facilities, today announced a significant number of new features and functionality with the availability of its newest version of JouleX Energy Manager (JEM) product suite.
The new enhancements include a number of industry “firsts.” These enhancements make JEM the first enterprise energy management solution to integrate with and support all the largest and latest power management networking vendors including CiscoÃ‚® EnergyWise, IntelÃ‚® Data Center Manager and VMwareÃ‚®. JEM will offer full support for the latest Cisco EnergyWise management functions, including EnergyWise-specific reporting. Additionally, enhanced support has been added for advanced power control of servers from Hewlett-PackardÃ‚®, DellÃ‚® and IBMÃ‚®.
Other highlights of JEM’s expanded capabilities include:
- New device control features allowing for integrated power capping, central processing unit (CPU) performance leveling (for Windows, VMware, Linux), and support for VMware vCenter, and Distributed Power Management (DPM).
- More granular control using power, temperature and utilization metrics to migrate virtual machines and optimize server performance and energy consumption using VMware vMotion.
- Detailed analytics and reporting for sustainable procurement (analysis of device models for energy efficiency, for device replacement planning, and for measuring energy and carbon savings from virtualization projects).
- Virtualization and utilization reporting to identify under- and over-utilized devices. This identifies candidates for upgrading, retiring, and virtualizing.
- Additional device support for rack and floor power distribution units (PDUs) as well as computer room air conditioning (CRAC) and uninterruptable power supply (UPSs).
“We continue to accelerate our technology development in terms of creating actionable energy intelligence for our customers to make quicker decisions, optimize their existing infrastructure, and reduce their operating expenses,” said Tom Noonan, president and CEO at JouleX.
Additional features include temperature support, a new configuration wizard that guides users through installation, and enhanced help and diagnostic elements.
“JouleX is emerging as a leading innovator and provider of next generation IT energy management tools – IT energy management 2.0. This consists of integrated tools for energy monitoring and management; power management and control; interoperability with building and systems management systems; asset efficiency management; energy, carbon and financial reporting; simulation and modeling; and impact assessment,” said Andy Lawrence, research director, eco-efficient IT at the 451 Group. “Organizations looking for a comprehensive IT energy management system should consider JouleX Energy Manager.”
JEM is currently available in different packages for distributed office, data center, EnergyWise or PC-only environments.
JouleX is the leading innovator in sustainable energy management systems for the enterprise. Its flagship solution, the JouleX Energy Manager (JEM), provides the Global 2000 and government agencies with the ability to monitor, analyze and control energy usage for all network-connected devices and systems across the enterprise, including in distributed offices, data centers and facilities. Importantly, JEM is the first network-based energy management system that works without the use of software agents, dramatically reducing installation time and removing the maintenance burden associated with similar technologies. JEM decreases energy costs by up to 60 percent while ensuring availability and provides robust reporting that enables compliance with emerging carbon monitoring requirements.
JouleX was founded in 2009 and since has been distinguished with recent awards and accolades including Gartner Cool Vendor in Green IT and Sustainability, GE Ecomagination Award, BT Green Economy Success for Future Award and Clean Tech Media Award. The company is headquartered in Atlanta with worldwide offices located in Tokyo, Shanghai, Paris, Munich, and Kassel, Germany. For more information, please visit www.joulex.net, call (404) 567-4445 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ã‚© 2011 JouleX is a registered trademark of JouleX, Inc. JouleX Energy Manager (JEM) and Load-Adaptive Computing are trademarks of JouleX, Inc. All other brands and product names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holder.
For more information: