Creating a Better View in the HGTV Dream Home 2012
PELLA, Iowa, Oct. 18, 2011 /PRNewswire/ — It’s all about the view, says the architect of the 2012 HGTV Dream Home constructed near Park City, Utah. And what better way for the lucky winner of the stylish home to enjoy that view than through their new energy-efficient Pella Architect Series wood windows and entry doors.
“The windows are the picture frames, like art on the walls, to capture the views,” said architect Corey Solum, AIA.
Pella, a U.S. manufacturer of innovative energy-efficient windows and doors, is the exclusive windows sponsor of the annual HGTV Dream Home 2012.
Solum said the 4,000-square-foot home is being constructed to mimic the look of an old, original farmhouse that has been expanded over the years. “We wanted the home to have a rustic, casual yet refined look,” he said, “like it’s been there for years. Comfortable and lived in.” There will be a central, stone-faced structure with separate wings clad in different building materials to create an organic structure that appears to have grown over time. The three bedrooms, four-and-a-half bath home sits on 2.5 acres of land, about a 35-minute drive from Salt Lake City.
The modern, western-style ranch home is now under construction in scenic River Meadows Ranch outside of Park City, Utah. Viewers can watch the progress at the HGTV Dream Home blog.
The annual HGTV Dream Home will be given away through a sweepstakes from Dec. 30, 2011 to Feb. 17, 2012. The winner will be announced in March of 2012. Visit www.hgtv.com for complete sweepstakes rules and more details on how to enter.
“The stylish Pella Architect Series windows and doors will compliment the unique design of the HGTV Dream Home, while their high energy efficiency makes them a natural choice to help save energy year-round,” said Kathy Krafka Harkema, spokesperson for Pella Corporation.
Solum said he likes Pella Architect Series windows and doors for their interesting features, like their attractive simulated divided light grilles and the integrated or hidden crank handles. “The windows are an integral part of the design,” he said of the HGTV Dream Home 2012. And he offered an insider’s tip about the HGTV Dream Home: there are 12 doors in the great room alone!
Stylish, historic authenticity
Pella Architect Series wood windows and entry doors feature historic authenticity, exceptional energy efficiency and many style options, including:
- Four unfinished interior wood options: Pine, Alder, Douglas Fir and Mahogany
- Ten prefinished interior wood finishes (for Pine only): Cherry, Dark Mahogany, Early American, Golden Oak, Natural, Primed, Provincial, Red Mahogany, Special Walnut and White
- Low-maintenance aluminum EnduraCladÃ‚® exteriors in 27 colors ranging from Auburn Brown and Deep Oliver to Honeysuckle, Real Red and Stormy Blue
- Premium hardware finishes: Champagne, Bright Brass, Brown, Oil-Rubbed Bronze, Satin Nickel and White
- Multiple grille types for the look of divided-light windowpanes, like the Integral Light TechnologyÃ‚® grilles that are permanently bonded to the inside and outside of the window glass for the most authentic look of true-divided light
- Energy-saving glass options, like Advanced Low-E Insulating Glass with Argon, SunDefense Low-E Insulating Glass with Argon, HurricaneShieldÃ‚® Double-Pane Glass and many more
Pella’s Architect Series Precision Fit window was named a “Best Buy” in Consumers Digest’s 2010 category for clad-wood windows.
- Downloadable photo of Pella Architect Series windows, http://pressroom.pella.com/photo_library/preview/723/
- Downloadable photo of Pella Architect Series doors, http://pressroom.pella.com/photo_library/preview/668/
- News release, “Pella redesigns, enhances Architect Series product line,” http://pressroom.pella.com/news_releases/products_services/392/pella-redesigns-enhances-architect-series-product-line
Pella Corporation is a leader in designing, testing, manufacturing and installing quality windows and doors for new construction, remodeling and replacement applications.
As a family-owned and professionally managed privately-held company, Pella is known for its 86-year history of making innovative energy-efficient products, providing quality service and delivering on customer satisfaction. Headquartered in Pella, Iowa, the company is committed to incorporating new technologies, increasing productivity and practicing environmental stewardship to create satisfied customers.
Pella manufactures quality windows, patio doors and entry door systems sold through a Direct Sales Network operating Pella Window & Door Showrooms across the United States and Canada. For more information, call 888-847-3552 or visit pella.com. Follow Pella on Twitter.com @Pella_News, on Facebook at facebook.com/pellawindowsanddoors and on YouTube at youtube.com/pellawindowsanddoors.
SOURCE Pella Corporation