Cleantech Group Announces 2011 Global Cleantech Award Winners
WASHINGTON, Oct. 19, 2011 /PRNewswire-iReach/ — Cleantech Group presented awards in nine categories to clean technology innovators on Monday night at the first Global Cleantech 100 Summit & Gala awards dinner. The Global Cleantech 100 Summit & Gala is produced by Cleantech Group, a leading research firm focused on cleantech innovation (http://events.cleantech.com/global100). The third annual Global Cleantech 100 list (http://www.cleantech.com/global-cleantech-100/) incorporates the input of 70 cleantech experts to determine the 100 most promising private companies in clean technology.
Company of the Year was awarded in each of three regions to the highest-ranked company with no negative votes from the expert panel:
- Silver Spring Networks, an advanced metering and home energy management company, won for North America.
- TaKaDu, a SaaS water monitoring solution for utilities, won for Europe & Israel.
- LanzaTech, a waste-gas-to-fuel company, won Company of the Year in Asia
- Rising Star of the Year was awarded to SCIEnergy (fka Scientific Conservation), maker of a cloud-based building efficiency solution, as the highest-ranked company finding itself on the Global Cleantech 100 list for the first time.
- BrightSource Energy, developer of solar thermal power systems, won the Continued Excellence award, given to the highest-ranked of companies that have made it onto the Global Cleantech 100 list for all three consecutive years.
- Emefcy, a wastewater treatment company, won the award for Early Stage Company of the Year, given to the highest-ranked pre-revenue company.
Awards were also given to three companies not included on the 2011 Global Cleantech 100 list:
- Landis+Gyr, which was acquired by Toshiba earlier this year, won for Exit of the Year, awarded to the highest-rated exit by any Global Cleantech 100 company in the past 12 months.
- GE, which made 22 investments in emerging energy technology companies this year, won for Corporation of the Year.
- An award was given to Generation Investment Management for Investor of the Year as the global investor with the largest percentage of its portfolio devoted to cleantech.
The Global Cleantech 100 program is produced in collaboration with the UK’s Guardian News and Media and sponsored by Autodesk, Deloitte and Wilson Sonsini Goodrich and Rosati. Sponsors of the Global Cleantech 100 Summit include Autodesk, Macquarie, Chubb, InNOVAcorp, ABB, Advanced Biofuels Association and Louisiana Economic Development.
About Cleantech Group
Cleantech Group’s research, events and advisory services accelerate market adoption, stimulate demand, and remove barriers to cleantech innovation. We help business leaders make strategic decisions involving cleantech innovation through the i3 Platform, the most comprehensive, vetted, up-to-date source for insights into companies, investors, financing and relationships across the clean technology ecosystem. Cleantech Group also produces the premier Cleantech ForumÃ‚® and Focus(TM) events worldwide. Details are available at http://www.cleantech.com
Media Contact: Whitney Bennett Michael, Cleantech Group, (415) 684-1020, email@example.com
News distributed by PR Newswire iReach: https://ireach.prnewswire.com
SOURCE Cleantech Group