Astronaut Club Offers the ‘Write Stuff’ for the Holidays
KENNEDY SPACE CENTER, Fla., Nov. 22, 2011 /PRNewswire/ — Remember when receiving mail was fun? Then create that memory again for someone you love by signing them up for the ultimate ‘of the month’ club – the Astronaut Autograph Club. Imagine their delight when they rush to the mailbox each month to claim their autographed photo and personalized letter from some of America’s most famous astronauts!
Beginning today, the Astronaut Scholarship Foundation, a nonprofit organization, has made available only 350 memberships to its 2012 Astronaut Autograph Club at www.AstronautStore.org, as a means to raise funds for scholarships.
Since 2004, members have been receiving photos from such legendary astronauts as John Glenn, James Lovell and first woman commander Eileen Collins. All of the astronauts share their heroic stories in a personalized letter that accompanies their hand-signed photo each month.
Give this out-of-the world gift and watch the recipient’s face light up when they read about these astronauts’ ground-breaking flights, and realize they too can accomplish extraordinary feats:
- John Blaha, STS-29, STS-33, STS-43, STS-58, STS-79, STS-81
- Guion Bluford, STS-8, STS-61-A, STS-39, STS-53
- Walt Cunningham, Apollo 7
- Leroy Chiao, STS-65, STS-72, STS-92, Soyuz TMA-5, Expedition 10
- Dick Covey, STS-51-I, STS-26, STS-38, STS-61
- Frank Culbertson, STS-38, STS-51, STS-105, Expedition 3, STS-108
- Owen Garriott, Skylab 3, STS-9 signing with his son Richard
- Richard Garriott, Soyuz TMA-13/TMA-12 signing with his father Owen
- Ed Gibson, Skylab 4
- Tom Jones, STS-59, STS-68, STS-80, STS-98
- Bruce McCandless, STS-41-B, STS-31
- Norm Thagard, STS-7, STS-51B, STS-30, STS-42, Soyuz TM-21, Mir EO-18, STS-71
- Kathy Thornton, STS-33, STS-49, STS-61
The Astronaut Autograph Club includes a certificate of membership, archival photo box, protective sleeves, twelve 8×10″ autographed photos and personalized letters and an admission ticket to Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex ($40 value, while supplies last).
Memberships are sold on a first-come, first-served basis. Fans can make a one-time payment of $499 or opt to pay 12 monthly installments of $49.95 plus shipping at www.AstronautStore.org.
The nonprofit Astronaut Scholarship Foundation aids the United States in retaining its world leadership in science and technology by providing scholarships to exceptional college students pursuing degrees in these fields. ASF funds 28 $10,000 scholarships annually and has awarded $3.2 million to students nationwide. For more information visit: www.AstronautScholarship.org.
SOURCE Astronaut Scholarship Foundation