JetBlue Airways Takes it Home for the Holidays with Pointers for High-Spirited Flying!
NEW YORK, Dec. 20, 2011 /PRNewswire/ — JetBlue Airways (Nasdaq: JBLU) shares its top tips for flying free-from-stress this holiday season, allowing customers to enjoy their travel experience as much as they do their final destinations.
Riding in a one horse open sleigh is nice, but flying with via Terminal 5 (T5), JetBlue’s home at New York’s John F. Kennedy Airport (JFK) is even nicer. T5 offers a spacious check-in lobby with dozens of self-service kiosks, the largest single security checkpoint in America, huge gate areas with a higher-than-average amount of seating and electrical outlets to recharge, a wide variety of last-minute shopping and dining outlets, and free Wi-Fi service. With amenities like these, even Santa might consider a different mode of transportation this year!
JetBlue is getting ready for the busy travel week and the more than 10,000 flights and close to one million customers flying today through January 3, 2012. New York’s Hometown Airline(TM) is reviewing staffing, making sure facilities are in good shape, and adding its own little helpers at its base of operations at JFK this week to assist customers today through Friday, December 23.
- Make a list and check it three times: The best way to remember to bring everything you need for your trip is to make a packing list and check the items off as you place them in your bag. Take it from Santa; he wouldn’t remember all those gift requests without an organized list!
- Hoping for a midnight clear, but we’re prepared: JetBlue prefers that it doesn’t snow, but it sure is pretty, and the New York-based airline is no stranger to winter operations. Be sure to check the status of your flight and the national weather service forecast before heading to the airport, particularly if there is bad weather. If it does snow, learn more about how inclement weather can impact air travel.
- Stroll, don’t dash through the snow! Leave extra time to get to the airport and through security, particularly if you’re traveling with small children. It’s recommended you arrive at the airport two hours before your domestic flight and allow three hours for international. An extra 30 minutes can make the difference between a rushed or relaxed travel experience. Save time by checking in and printing your boarding pass at home so you can skip airport lines, drop your bags at the counter and head straight to security. You can track your sleigh (or flight) on JetBlue.com, and get information regarding weather advisories, changing or canceling a flight, retrieving a boarding pass and checking-in for a flight 24 hours in advance, as well as tracking real-time flight information for family and friends. Customers can also access mobile.jetblue.com from any web-enabled cell phone or PDA while on the road for real-time flight status.
- Jingle all the way: But don’t forget to remove the bells and coins and whatever else you have in your pockets when you go through the TSA security checkpoint! Also remember the 3-1-1 for carry-ons = 3.4 ounce (100ml) bottle or less (by volume) ; 1 quart-sized, clear, plastic, zip-top bag; 1 bag per passenger placed in screening bin. If you’re traveling with holiday gifts or treats, make sure to leave gifts unwrapped until after you go through security and check with the TSA before traveling with liquid or gel items to see whether they need to be placed in your checked bag, shipped ahead, or left at home if they are above the permitted 3.4 oz.
- On the 12th Day…: Your true love gave you more than you can place in the overhead bin. No worries! The first bag flies free on JetBlue, so pack two turtle doves, three French hens, four calling birds, five golden rings, six geese a-laying, seven swans a-swimming, eight maids a-milking, nine ladies dancing, ten lords a-leaping, eleven pipers piping, and twelve drummers drumming in a suitcase and check it* on us for free. (a). *Please note that JetBlue does not allow live animals (or eleven pipers piping) to be checked. The airline offers one of the pet-friendliest programs, JetPaws, with humane options for traveling with a small pooch or kitty this holiday season. You’ll have to buy seats for the eight maids a-milking, nine ladies dancing, ten lords a-leaping, eleven pipers piping, and twelve drummers drumming (and you might want to consider our Even More Space seats for maximum dancing and leaping room).
- Bah Humbug: For those who don’t love the holiday cheer, or the cold winter weather that this time of year is often marked by, the best way to warm the chill in one’s heart is to book a fabulous, affordable vacation to somewhere tropical. JetBlue always offers travel deals to a variety of heated destinations, where you can swap the scratchy sweaters for the pure delight of the warm sun on your skin. If you haven’t yet booked your escape, JetBlue Getaways is offering $100 off any vacation using promo code ENJOY100 (b) for bookings made by Dec. 31, 2011.
About JetBlue Airways
New York-based JetBlue Airways has created a new airline category based on value, service and style. Known for its award-winning service and free TV as much as its low fares, JetBlue offers the most legroom in coach of any U.S. airline (based on average fleet-wide seat pitch) as well as super-spacious Even More Space seats. JetBlue is also America’s first and only airline to offer its own Customer Bill of Rights, with meaningful and specific compensation for customers inconvenienced by service disruptions within JetBlue’s control. Visit www.jetblue.com/promise for details. JetBlue serves 70 cities with 700 daily flights with plans to add three daily flights between Boston and its 71st destination, Dallas/Fort Worth in May, 2012. With JetBlue, all seats are assigned, all fares are one-way, and an overnight stay is never required. For information or reservations call 1-800-JET-BLUE (1-800-538-2583), TTY/TDD 1-800-336-5530, or visit www.jetblue.com.
(a) Baggage size and weight limits apply
(b) Use Promo code ENJOY100 (case-sensitive) is valid until 12/31/11 for $100 off the purchase of a JetBlue Getaways vacation package to be completed by 9/4/12. Limit one code per package/booking; new bookings only; must purchase through JetBlue; not valid for JetBlue flights, cruises or any other products or services. Code is not redeemable for cash, has no cash value, cannot be partially redeemed, and cannot be combined with other promo code offers or TrueBlue points, but is transferable. Where permitted, reservation changes/cancellations must be made prior to scheduled departure (otherwise all money for package is forfeited) by calling 1-800-JETBLUE, option 3 (1-800-538-2583), or for speech/hearing impediments, TTY/TDD 1-800-336-5530. For changes, the promo code discount will only apply if the modified Getaways reservation is booked by 12/31/11 for travel before 9/4/12 and satisfies all terms of this offer. For cancellations, you will forfeit the promo code discount but can use the code again in accordance with the offer terms. $100 change/cancel fee per person will apply (plus any hotel penalties and/or increase in package price). Cancellations are for Getaways credit only, valid for 1 year; Getaways credits may not be used with air-only travel. Proper documentation required for boarding. Other restrictions apply. See full Getaways Terms & Conditions.
+1 800 JETBLUE (538 2583)
TTY/TDD: +1 800 336-5530
SOURCE JetBlue Airways