Guide to Greening Your Organization’s Energy Consumption – Now Available!
SAN FRANCISCO, Jan. 12, 2012 /PRNewswire/ — “Data Center Energy Efficiency, Renewable Energy, and Carbon Offset Investment Best Practices: A Guide to Greening Your Organization’s Energy Consumption” is now available from RealEnergyWriters.com and The Daily Energy Report. The guide offers insight into cutting-edge strategies implemented by green pioneers in IT and shows how other organizations – whatever size or sector – can benefit. Readers will learn scalable, low-risk, and cost-effective green energy investment practices and find answers to key questions on:
- The cascading benefits of investing in demand-side data center efficiency
- The pros and cons of pursuing direct carbon emission reductions through efficiency investments – versus pursuing indirect carbon emission reductions through the purchase of environmental commodities
- The types of data center cooling systems (including free cooling) and methods of airflow management that maximize data center energy efficiency
- The range of renewable energy investment options and the advantages and disadvantages of those options
- The difference between investing in bundled RECs, unbundled RECs, and offsets from renewable energy projects – and how to evaluate which commodity may be the best investment for your organization
- The relative effective cost of Scope 2 emission reductions sourced from bundled RECs, unbundled RECs, carbon offsets, on-site fuel cell generation, and on-site solar PV generation
- The best way to communicate your organization’s green investments to key stakeholders and the public to achieve maximum credibility and public relations benefits
“Organizations are facing growing pressure to reduce their energy costs and exposure to cost fluctuations. At the same time, they are expected to reduce the environmental impact of their energy consumption. These goals seem like they may conflict, but they can be jointly addressed through a balanced blend of investments in energy efficiency, renewable energy, and carbon offsets,” said Patrick Costello, a report author. Co-author Roshni Rathi added, “It’s not easy for decision-makers to wade through all of the noise out there about individual green energy investment options. We prepared this report to help anyone who needs to quickly get up to speed on best practices in this space and engage in an informed discussion about a fully integrated green energy strategy.”
Purchase by February 1st and receive 20% off the purchase price of $1999.
“We are very excited to be partnering with RealEnergyWriters.com on ‘Data Center Energy Efficiency, Renewable Energy, and Carbon Offset Investment Best Practices’ because their team excels at offering innovative research and insight into the growing need to control rising energy costs in an environmentally friendly way,” said Ben Lack, CEO/Chief Conversationalist of The Daily Energy Report.
RealEnergyWriters was co-founded by Elisa Wood and Lisa Cohn, longtime energy journalists who publish the weekly Energy Efficiency Markets newsletter. Lisa Cohn is the host of Energy Efficiency Markets Podcast, which has more than 200,000 subscribers and gains over 300 new subscribers a day. Elisa Wood’s energy efficiency blog appears regularly on more than a dozen energy sites. She is a contributor to Renewable Energy World magazine, Platts, and other top energy publications.
The Daily Energy Report is a leading online cleantech publication. The company produces a “Daily Show” video that highlights the day’s top clean energy news and publishes interviews and articles that provide insight and analysis into Energy Efficiency, Renewable Energy, Sustainability, Energy Management, Smart Grid, Transportation, and Energy Policy. The company has been recognized by iTunes as being “New & Noteworthy”. For more information, visit www.dailyenergyreport.com.
SOURCE The Daily Energy Report