New Resin Technology From Asahi Kasei Plastics at NPE Booth # 34013
FOWLERVILLE, Mich., Feb. 8, 2012 /PRNewswire/ — Asahi Kasei Plastics will feature new resin technologies at NPE 2012 – The International Plastics Showcase April 1 – 5, 2012 at the Orange County Convention Center in Orlando, Florida USA. “In response to changing demands in various industries, Asahi Kasei Plastics is announcing new resin technologies and capabilities resulting in new, improved eco-friendly products,” said Ramesh Iyer, vice president commercial operations.
- Xyron(TM) PV Grades - Modified polyphenylene ether (mPPE) for solar panel components. Compliant for UL and IEC requirement with non-halogenated flame retardants. These grades carry UL’s 5VA and V-0 certifications. One of the PV series achieved 5 VA at 2mm.
- Leona(TM) LG - PA66 and PA 66/6I with long glass fibers for applications requiring high performance, i.e. superior fatigue and creep resistance, modulus greater than 20GPa with good surface finish, or flame retardant grades with excellent impact strength.
- Tenac Z-Series – Low formaldehyde emission acetal grades. It has exceeded even the most stringent of global OEM standards for volatile organic compound emissions.
- Thermylene® P9 – Short glass fiber polypropylene with higher temperature resistance for Nylon alternative. Applications include air intake manifolds and other automotive under the hood automotive components. This material facilitates weight reduction strategies of 15 percent or higher.
- Thermylene® P8 -Glass reinforced grades with advanced coupling technology as an alternative to long glass fiber polypropylene. This grade is commonly used in door modules, motor housings, sunroof frames, shifter bases, etc.
- Thermylene® PR – Polypropylene compound with post-consumer recycled content for environmental sustainability.
- Thermylene® P4 – Non-Decabrome based flame retardant polypropylene to satisfy the new environmental regulations. UL yellow card certifications are available. Product offerings include glass filled, talc filled, mineral filled and unfilled grades.
Asahi Kasei Plastics invites customers to bring new applications for discussion to their exhibit and offers free NPE passes and an opportunity to win an iPad® 2 via www.akplastics.com.
Their booth will also feature a unique 3D experience where customers can see new ideas take shape. “We’re looking forward to showing our customers the difference that smarter people, stronger polymers and an agile company can make,” added Joel Wiese, Asahi Kasei Plastics marketing coordinator.
Asahi Kasei Plastics provides customized resin solutions worldwide to multiple markets. Their brands, including LEONA(TM) and THERMYLON® nylons, THERMYLENE® polypropylenes, TENAC(TM) acetals and XYRON(TM) modified polyphenylene ether (mPPE) and more are specially formulated to solve complex engineering problems. Their markets include automotive, commercial transportation, furniture, pool and spa, water treatment, electronics, lawn and garden, and power generation including performance polymers for electric vehicle batteries, solar panels and wind energy applications.
With 200,000 square feet, almost 200 employees and 280 million pounds of annual compounding capacity, Asahi Kasei Plastics ranks as one of North America’s largest compounders. The firm has annual sales over $200 million with more than half of that in the automotive market. The Michigan based company is one of the largest Asahi Kasei facilities outside of Japan and is expanding sales globally, in Canada, Mexico, Brazil, China, India and Europe. “Today, we have a unique product mix, between our engineering resins and glass filled polypropylenes, that no other compounder in the world has,” said John Moyer, president Asahi Kasei Plastics. Go to www.asahikaseiplastics.com. For latest news and updates, follow Twitter www.twitter.com/asahi_kasei_inc.
Asahi Kasei Plastics is a wholly owned subsidiary of Asahi Kasei Chemicals Corporation (AKCC). AKCC is a leading producer of high performance engineered thermoplastics, petrochemicals and monomers and performance chemicals. Their product portfolio serves a diverse range of markets including energy, consumer products, home construction & materials, health care and many others. Internationally, Asahi Kasei has over $19 billion in annual sales and nearly 30,000 employees.
Asahi Kasei Plastics North America, Inc., 900 E. Van Riper, Fowlerville, MI 48836 USA, 517.223.5221
Thermylene®, and Thermylon® are registered trademarks of Asahi Kasei Plastics North America, Inc.
Leona(TM), Tenac(TM), and Xyron(TM) are trademarks of Asahi Kasei Plastics North America, Inc.
iPad® is a registered trademark of Apple Inc. registered in the U.S. and other countries.
Asahi Kasei Plastics North America, Inc. Intuit Group, Inc. Contacts: Media Contact: Ramesh Iyer Teri Chouinard CBC, APR email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org 248.895.0135 810.797.7242 Joel Wiese 517.223.5256 email@example.com
SOURCE Asahi Kasei Plastics