Still Time to Enter Solutia’s 2012 World of Color Awards(TM) Program
ST. LOUIS, Feb. 16, 2012 /PRNewswire/ — Solutia Inc. (NYSE: SOA), announced today that entries are still being accepted for the Solutia World of Color Awards(TM)( )inspired by Vanceva®. Launched in 2010, the international design awards program was created to honor architects, interior designers, glass fabricators, furniture designers, glazing contractors, engineers and other industry professionals around the world for their innovative use of colored laminated safety glass in building design and interior spaces. Entries may be uploaded at www.worldofcolorawards.com and are due no later than March 16, 2012.
The Vanceva Color System by Saflex® provides unparalleled creative freedom to architects and designers, who can incorporate color into glass and glazing systems using tinted interlayers laminated between two pieces of glass. A palette of 16 colors can be combined in up to four layers to produce more than 3,000 transparent, translucent and opaque glass colors. This affords designers unmatched flexibility to create custom colors and one-of-a-kind aesthetics. Vanceva color interlayers also offer all of the benefits of polyvinyl butyral (PVB) interlayers for laminated safety glass, including security, sound insulation and UV protection.
The Solutia World of Color Awards competition is a global recognition program open to industry professionals around the world whose projects include liberal use of Vanceva color interlayer products. Following are key competition dates and information:
- Design and architectural projects must have been completed between January 1, 2008 and December 31, 2011 to be considered for this competition.
- Submissions must be entered by March 16, 2012 at 11:59 p.m. CST.
- All entries must include the liberal use of Vanceva laminated color glass products.
- When submitting a nomination, please include a descriptive overview of the inspiration and vision for the project.
- Include detailed photography of the glazing used in the project, as well as several additional photos that portray the overall scope of the project. Interior and exterior views are preferred if possible.
- Design studio sketches, drawings and renderings that help communicate the location, form and function of the glazing in the overall design are also strongly encouraged.
- Winners will be determined by a jury panel made up of leaders from the international architectural and design industry.
- No entry fees are required.
- Nominating a project can be done electronically. Simply visit www.worldofcolorawards.com to submit photographs and brief background information for each project.
- Multiple entries will be accepted.
- Entrants must agree to provide photography rights for public relations purposes.
- Winners will receive a glass display award and recognition in all media relations efforts associated with the competition.
Solutia’s Saflex and Vanceva brand PVB interlayers are the most trusted name in PVB interlayer technology for laminated glazing. These products deliver outstanding performance and durability backed by reliable and knowledgeable service, which is why these products can be found in nearly 40 percent of laminated architectural projects and automotive glass worldwide. Additionally, Saflex interlayers are used to encapsulate thin film photovoltaic solar cells, providing outstanding processability and durability.
Notes to Editor: © SOLUTIA and Radiance Logo, SAFLEX, VANCEVA and WORLD OF COLOR AWARDS all other trademarks listed below are trademarks of Solutia Inc. and/or its affiliates. As used herein, ® denotes registered trademark status in the U.S. only.
This press release may contain forward-looking statements, which can be identified by the use of words such as “believes,” “expects,” “may,” “will,” “intends,” “plans,” “estimates” or “anticipates,” or other comparable terminology, or by discussions of strategy, plans or intentions. These statements are based on management’s current expectations and assumptions about the industries in which Solutia operates. Forward-looking statements are not guarantees of future performance and are subject to significant risks and uncertainties that may cause actual results or achievements to be materially different from the future results or achievements expressed or implied by the forward-looking statements. These risks and uncertainties include, but are not limited to, those risks and uncertainties described in Solutia’s most recent Annual Report on Form 10-K, including under “Cautionary Statement About Forward Looking Statements” and “Risk Factors”, and Solutia’s quarterly reports on Form 10-Q. These reports can be accessed through the “Investors” section of Solutia’s website at www.solutia.com. Solutia disclaims any intent or obligation to update or revise any forward-looking statements in response to new information, unforeseen events, changed circumstances or any other occurrence.
Solutia is a market-leading performance materials and specialty chemicals company. The company focuses on providing solutions for a better life through a range of products, including: Saflex® polyvinyl butyral interlayers for glass lamination and for photovoltaic module encapsulation and VISTASOLAR® ethylene vinyl acetate films for photovoltaic module encapsulation; LLumar®, Vista(TM), EnerLogic® FormulaOne®, Gila®, V-KOOL®, Huper Optik®, IQue(TM), Sun-X(TM) and Nanolux(TM) aftermarket performance films for automotive and architectural applications; Flexvue(TM) advanced film component solutions for solar and electronic technologies; and technical specialties products including Crystex® insoluble sulfur, Santoflex® PPD antidegradants, Therminol® heat transfer fluids and Skydrol® aviation hydraulic fluids. Solutia’s businesses are world leaders in each of their market segments. With its headquarters in St. Louis, Missouri, USA, the company operates globally with approximately 3,400 employees in more than 50 worldwide locations. More information is available at www.Solutia.com .
SOURCE Solutia Inc.