MPC Announces Record Growth in FY2011
MINNEAPOLIS, Feb. 20, 2012 /PRNewswire/ — MPC, one of the largest IT Asset Disposition companies in North America, today announced 2011 as a banner year with record performance in revenue, material weight processed and customer growth. Highlights include:
- Revenue growth – 2011 revenue from operations increased 87% over FY2010
- CAGR growth – Compound annual growth of 55% over the past 3 years
- Weight processed growth – 2011 weight processed increased by 115% over 2010 volumes
- Customer growth – MPC added over 200 new customers to its family in 2011
“2011 was a transformational year for MPC and positions us well for 2012. Every improvement we have made reflects our genuine commitment to our customers and to the environment,” says Chief Business Development Officer, Todd Schachtman. “Our investments in infrastructure, process and people have been received well in the industry and by our customers.”
The company, which provides innovative IT Asset Lifecycle Management services, credited the year’s results with the accomplishment of several key milestones:
- MPC opened its Philadelphia, Pennsylvania processing facility in March to better serve its national client base. Already R2, ISO and OSHAS certified, the new facility provides customers additional options with the same quality processes MPC has become known for in the industry.
- 2011 allowed MPC to promote more tailored business solution services focusing on data security and remarketing initiatives. The result more than doubled resale revenue from the previous year, benefiting MPC’s customers who share in a percent of the proceeds.
- MPC’s consumer division footprint expanded with partner collections sites added in Colorado, Illinois, Michigan, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas and Wisconsin.
- In June, MPC’s retail operations known as Reboot became certified as a Microsoft Registered Refurbisher. Now able to supply refurbished PCs pre-installed with genuine Microsoft software, this certification benefits Reboot customers and improves the quality of donations to charities, nonprofits and schools.
- MPC launched a fundraising platform in October called Cell Phones for my Cause including intuitive ecommerce capabilities designed to support customers with their fundraising needs. The website, www.cellphonesformycause.com, allows participants to set up a webpage where supporters can donate used cell phones to be recycled at MPC, and earn money for every cell phone donated to them.
- MPC received three new certifications in addition to its ISO 9001, ISO 14001, and its Headquarters R2 Certifications. The newly awarded certifications include OHSAS at both facilities, R2 at the Pennsylvania facility, and e-Stewards at the Minnesota facility with the Pennsylvania facility certification scheduled for 2012. NAID certification for both facilities is also scheduled for 2012.
- To support the tremendous growth, MPC created over 145 new jobs in addition to launching a summer internship program to provide educational, on the job experience to college students.
With the accomplishments of 2011, Schachtman is looking forward to the future, “We are excited to be in an industry that’s growing over 20% per year. With our 2011 results, we’re proud to be outpacing the marketplace and look forward to sharing the benefits with our customers through MPC’s continued commitment to define, meet, and exceed client needs and expectations.”
MPC is an innovative asset disposition and risk management business setting the standard for 100 percent zero-landfill electronics recycling and data security. Founded in 1983, MPC is dedicated to ensuring its clients maximize value, meet sustainability initiatives and mitigate risk in how they manage IT assets, electronics and other equipment at the end of their natural lifecycle. With facilities in Minnesota and Philadelphia, MPC proudly holds R2, e-Stewards, ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OSHAS 18001 certifications and is a member of NAID. For more information, visit www.mpc-e.com.