NADAguides.com Names the 2012 Toyota Tacoma Featured Vehicle of the Month for March
COSTA MESA, Calif., March 1, 2012 /PRNewswire/ —
- NADAguides.com, the leading online provider of new and used vehicle pricing and information, announces the 2012 Toyota Tacoma as the Featured Vehicle of the Month for March. With its restyled exterior and upgraded interior, the 2012 Tacoma offers exceptional comfort, usability and audio/infotainment performance to its customers. Consistently ranked as best-in-class in terms of both new vehicle sales and used value retention, the Tacoma has been repeatedly recognized for its outstanding value and reliability, making it a perfect choice for the NADAguides.com Featured Vehicle of the Month for March.
- NADAguides.com analysts were impressed with how Toyota focused on customer choice by providing a wide variety of configurations and models for the 2012 Toyota Tacoma. With four different models, two different engines, and a variety of exterior, interior and technology options to choose from, the 2012 Tacoma shows why it is a stand out value in the compact pickup truck segment. In fact, according to the NADA Official Used Car Guide, the Tacoma continually retains more of its value than any other model in its class.
- Along with its performance capabilities, the 2012 Tacoma features a redesigned interior, adding comfort, usability and audio/infotainment upgrades. NADAguides.com analysts were especially impressed with the addition of Toyota’s Entune(TM) multimedia system, which features a collection of popular mobile applications and data services that are compatible with smartphones to easily integrate access to navigation, entertainment and information services.
- NADAguides.com analysts also noted that the Toyota Tacoma has been the top-selling midsize pickup in America since 2005, outselling the number two Ford Ranger almost two to one. It is interesting to note that the Tacoma has earned its successful sales ranking with the lowest average incentive spending in its class. The Tacoma was named “Most Dependable Midsize Pickup” in the J.D. Power & Associates 2011 Vehicle Dependability Study.
- The 2012 Toyota Tacoma has a starting MSRP of $16,875 and goes up to $27,835 for the Toyota Tacoma 4WD Double LB V6 AT model.
- Troy Snyder, Director of Product Development at NADAguides.com: “The 2012 Toyota Tacoma is the perfect combination of proven dependability, style, comfort and capability while offering an enjoyable and inviting driving experience. Midsize pickup truck shoppers will appreciate the ability to customize the 2012 Tacoma to their liking and you’ll want to do so as this will be a truck you own for a very long time. The 2012 Toyota Tacoma offers a wide range of options and models for the consumer, earning it a spot as our Featured Vehicle of the Month of March.”
- Bob Carter, group vice president and general manager, Toyota Division : “We’re proud of the Tacoma’s durability and popularity and believe the 2012 model, with its newly redesigned exterior and updated interior, remains one of the best compact pickup truck values on the market. ”
2012 Toyota Tacoma Highlights
- Engine: The 2012 Tacoma line offers two engines: a 2.7-liter Dual Overhead Cam (DOHC) four-cylinder that produces 159 horsepower and 180 lb-ft. of torque, and a 4.0-liter DOHC V6 that provides 236 horsepower with 266 lb-ft. of torque. The V6 engine can be teamed with either a six-speed manual or a five-speed automatic transmission. In addition, Toyota added an Electronic Throttle Control System with intelligence to help optimize performance and fuel economy and also provided different packages to boost the vehicle’s performance to the drivers’ liking. NADAguides.com analysts were particularly impressed with the TlX Pro and TRD Off-Road Packages, which cater more to the enthusiast customer.
- Interior: Inside the Toyota Tacoma features a new black high-contrast center console, switch plate covers, dash and upper door trim, while the SR5 grade features a new seat fabric design. With owners using their trucks for hard work and hard play, the 2012 Tacoma offers new heavy-duty all-weather flooring in the Access and Double Cab models, and the TRD Sport and Off-Road models offer new water-resistant fabric protection seats.
- Technology: Toyota has upgraded audio options for both the 2012 Tacoma Access Cab and Double Cab V6 models. The 2012 Tacoma Access Cab models are equipped with a new six-speaker system, while the Double Cab V6 models have a more advanced option with a display audio system equipped with today’s most in-demand connectivity features. These features include navigation, Toyota Entune(TM) services, SiriusXM Satellite Radio, HD Radio with iTunes® tagging and text/e-mail-to-voice. The Toyota Entune(TM) system is a collection of popular mobile applications and data services, enabling drivers to easily connect their smartphone to the vehicle using Bluetooth wireless technology or a USB cable.
- Safety: All 2012 Tacoma models come with the standard Toyota Star Safety System(TM), which includes Vehicle Stability Control (VSC), Traction Control (TRAC), an Anti-lock Braking System (ABS), Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD), Brake Assist (BA), and Smart Stop brake override technology. The vehicle also includes standard three-point seatbelts for all seating positions, front seat-mounted side airbags, roll-sensing side curtain airbags (including a cutoff switch), and a front advanced dual-stage airbag system. Additionally, all Access Cab and Double Cab models feature standard active headrests for the front seats, which move up and forward almost instantly in the event of certain rear-end collisions to help reduce the distance between the occupant’s head and the headrest.
- Price/Warranty: The 2012 Toyota Tacoma has a MSRP of $16,875 and goes up to $26,380 for the Tacoma X-Runner model. All new Toyota vehicles come with a 36-month/36,000 mile basic new-vehicle warranty that applies to all components other than normal wear and maintenance items. The 2012 Tacoma will also come standard with Toyota Care, a complimentary plan covering normal factory-scheduled maintenance and 24-hour roadside assistance for two years/25,000 miles.
About NADAguides.com Featured Vehicle of the Month
The NADAguides.com Featured Vehicle of the Month provides consumers with practical information on new cars, trucks and SUVs chosen by the analysts at NADAguides.com for exceptional performance, efficiency, features, options and appeal.
NADAguides.com (www.nadaguides.com) is the largest publisher of vehicle pricing and information for new and used cars, classic cars, motorcycles, boats, RVs, and manufactured homes. NADAguides.com offers in-depth shopping and research tools in addition to the most market-reflective pricing available. The company also produces software, mobile applications, raw data, web services, web-syndicated products and print guidebooks.