Ultra 76 Tantalum Alloy – Combats Aggressive, Hazardous Chemical Corrosion
NEWTON, Mass., March 14, 2012 /PRNewswire/ — Ultra 76 tantalum alloy, a corrosion-resistant tantalum material for hot concentrated acid applications, is on display at NACE CORROSION 2012, Salt Lake City, UT, March 12-15, Booth 816. H.C. Starck invites you to visit us and meet our engineering and technology experts to discuss the benefits of Ultra 76 for critical corrosion resistant applications.
H.C. Starck’s high tech materials: molybdenum, tungsten, tantalum, niobium, and their alloys, are excellent choices for aggressive temperature and severe environment applications. Tantalum, in particular, is widely used in electronic, chemical process, and biomedical industries and provides cost-effective, long service life solutions for mission-critical components.
Ultra 76 Tantalum Alloy (Ta 2.5% W + “proprietary doping additives”) benefits corrosion applications by:
- minimizing hydrogen embrittlement
- extending equipment life
- reducing operation downtime
- increasing operating temperatures in HCI, H2SO4, and other acids
- eliminating separate “Platinum Spot welding” application steps
“Chemical and corrosion applications are at the heart of our materials competency,” says Dmitry Shashkov, President and CEO of H.C. Starck’s Fabricated Products business segment. “We are pleased to offer even higher performance solutions such as Ultra 76 to our customers who are constantly looking to improve their equipment performance, efficiency and cost of ownership.”
H.C. Starck’s Ultra 76 Tantalum Alloy can add value to a multitude of products:
- Bayonet heaters
- Heat exchangers, condensers, and coils
- Thermocouple protection sheaths
- Pumps, bodies, cases, shafts, and impellers
- Paddle stirrers and agitators
- Distillation columns, boilers, and condensers
- Tantalum-clad dip pipes, heaters, and chemical plant equipment
- Repair kits for tanks, vats, and other glass-lined containers
- Crucibles in standard and special shapes and sizes
- Furnace and Furnace Parts for use at temperatures up to 1400 degrees C (2500( )F) in controlled atmospheres
Download a free brochure “Ultra 76 Tantalum for Corrosive Resistant Applications“, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.hcstarck.com.
About H.C. Starck
H.C. Starck is a leading global supplier of refractory metals and technical ceramics, and serves growing industries such as the electronics, chemicals, automotive, medical technology, aerospace, energy technology, and environmental technology industries, as well as mechanical engineering and tool manufacturers. H.C. Starck has 12 manufacturing facilities located in Europe, America, and Asia, with close to 3,000 employees worldwide.
SOURCE H.C. Starck