Timken Features Solutions at AWEA WINDPOWER 2012
CANTON, Ohio, June 3, 2012 /PRNewswire/ — The Timken Company (NYSE: TKR) will feature products and aftermarket solutions for the wind industry at the AWEA WINDPOWER 2012 Conference and Exhibition, June 3-6, in Atlanta, Ga.
“Timken helps maximize equipment performance throughout the entire lifecycle of a wind turbine,” said Hans Landin, director of process industries original equipment and wind energy for Timken. “By collaborating with designers, manufacturers and operators, Timken develops main shaft and gear drive solutions to help keep equipment running longer with reduced total cost of ownership.”
The Timken booth (No. 5949) will feature several products in addition to new exhibits that reflect the company’s range of product capabilities. Exclusive exhibits include:
- Timken® Wear-Resistant Roller Bearings for wind-energy applications, designed to reduce life-limiting wear problems including micropitting on main shaft spherical roller bearings and micropitting, smearing and brittle flaking on wind turbine gearbox cylindrical bearings.
- The Timken® Online Intelligence System (OIS), a breakthrough condition monitoring/data collection and reporting system specifically designed for low-speed wind turbine applications. Timken will have a live demonstration featuring the unique technical capabilities of the OIS system.
- The Timken® UltraWind(TM) Tapered Roller Bearing, offering the highest bearing life ratings in the industry, as verified by Germanischer Lloyd in 2012. This pre-loaded bearing has superior stiffness to manage the motion of the main shaft and rotor and also contains raceway profiles designed to control maximum stress levels which provide greater product reliability.
- Animation of Timken’s new Wind Energy Research and Development Center in Canton, OH (currently under construction; opening scheduled for November 2012) demonstrating the facility’s product testing capabilities.
- Timken EcoPower(TM) Induction Heaters, useful for both mounting and dismounting components with tight fits, and utilizing flexible coils for handling large wind components. The units save time by heating work pieces faster than conventional methods, reduce energy consumption and create a safer work environment.
- Timken planetary bearing solutions, which include cylindrical roller bearings, the semi-integrated planet-pac and the fully integrated flexpin bearing. These solutions combine planetary pins, bearing raceways and planetary gears in various combinations to help achieve lean, compact and reliable wind turbine gearbox design. This is especially important as wind turbine size and capacity scale upward to meet the goals of the power generation industry.
Throughout AWEA WINDPOWER 2012, Timken wind experts will be available to discuss these and other solutions and show product samples to wind turbine professionals and enthusiasts.
About The Timken Company
The Timken Company (NYSE: TKR; www.timken.com) keeps the world turning with innovative friction management and mechanical power transmission products and services that help machinery perform more efficiently and reliably. With sales of $5.2 billion in 2011 and approximately 21,000 people operating from locations in 30 countries, Timken is Where You Turn® for better performance.
SOURCE The Timken Company