Elster Demonstrates Innovative Water Metering Solutions At ACE 2012
RALEIGH, N.C., June 6, 2012 /PRNewswire/ — Elster (NYSE: ELT) today announced that several advanced metering solutions will be showcased in its booth at the American Water Works Association (AWWA) 2012 Annual Conference & Exposition (ACE12), taking place June 10 – 14, 2012 at the Dallas Convention Center in Dallas, Texas.
Elster’s innovative metering technology delivers the improved measurement accuracy, performance and operational efficiencies required to modernize water infrastructures around the world. As a pioneer in advanced metering solutions, Elster is leading the way with lead-free materials, shipping its one millionth polymer-bodied water meter for the European utility market earlier this year.
“Elster’s continued innovation is represented in the products on display at ACE 12,” said Jerry Lauzze, executive vice president of Elster’s global water business.
“From lead-free, polymer-bodied water meters to advanced communications platforms, Elster is committed to providing utilities with the metering solutions needed to update their infrastructures and improve operations,” Lauzze added.
Elster will demonstrate the MegaNet(TM) system during the show. MegaNet is a powerful and affordable AMI solution with full two-watt radio transmission delivering long range results, with low infrastructure investment for remote meter reading. MegaNet includes a back office data management system to enable simplicity and efficiency in bill processing. Elster also continues to offer Choice Connect(TM) for AMR walk-by or drive-by applications compatible with register options on all metering devices.
Elster also will showcase five powerful water metering solutions and a family of revolutionary pipe fittings at its booth, #2510. New to the Elster product portfolio are the next generation of the SM700 fluidic oscillator meter, and the option of a replaceable battery for the industry-leading evoQ4 battery powered commercial electromagnetic flow meter. Additional polymer bodied meter options also will be displayed.
- C700 – The C700 polymer meter combines advanced engineering technologies, including integrated metal threads, and proven measurement capabilities to provide market-leading solutions to meet forthcoming changes to both NSF-61 and the Safe Drinking Water Act. As a world leader in polymer meter development, Elster will introduce a new one-inch polymer C700 for the first time at ACE12.
- T4000i – An epoxy-coated ductile-iron turbine meter, the T4000i features the same proven helix rotor and magnetic drive measuring element as the bronze T4000, ensuring reliable and precise water flow measurement.
- SM700 – With no moving parts, the battery-operated SM700 features Elster’s proven fluidic oscillating technology to provide precise measurement throughout the meter’s lifetime without degradation, resulting in improved performance, accuracy and reliability. Standard SM700 products feature long battery life and factory potting options similar to those of traditional mechanical metering products. Elster also will introduce the next generation of SM700 with an advanced engineered polymer body with integral metal thread inserts that eliminate potential complications from crossed or stripped threads.
- evoQ4 – A stainless steel polyethylene epoxy-lined electromagnetic meter, the evoQ4 delivers high accuracy through a wide range of flows and varied conditions and applications.
- Hydrosert(®) Mechanical Fitting – The industry revolutionizing Hydrosert mechanical fitting line is a leak-free, 100 percent lead-free high-density polyethylene (HDPE) mechanical joining system designed to reduce labor and excavation costs while maximizing the quality of water service line connection.
Booth visitors can enter for a chance to win a Kindle Fire with an AMI demonstration.
Elster (NYSE: ELT) is one of the world’s largest electricity, gas and water measurement and control providers. Its offerings include distribution monitoring and control, advanced smart metering, demand response, networking and software solutions, and numerous related communications and services – key components for enabling consumer choice, operational efficiency and conservation. Its products and solutions are widely used by utilities in the traditional and emerging Smart Grid markets.
Elster has one of the most extensive installed revenue measurement bases in the world, with more than 200 million metering devices deployed over the course of the last 10 years. It sells its products and services in more than 130 countries across electricity, gas, water and multi-utility applications for residential, commercial and industrial, and transmission and distribution applications.