Clean Earth, Inc. Publishes 3-Year Sustainability Plan with Integrated Approach to Improve Triple Bottom Line of Environmental, Social and Economic Performance
HATBORO, Pa., June 22, 2012 /PRNewswire/ — Clean Earth, Inc., headquartered in Hatboro, Pennsylvania, has published a 3-Year Sustainability Plan with comprehensive goals for sustainability and corporate social responsibility. Clean Earth has established five key sustainability goals that reflect the interests of the organization’s major stakeholders and the values of the company. Indicators from The Global Reporting Initiative’s (GRI’s) G3 Sustainability Reporting Guidelines reflect the organization’s progress towards achieving each goal:
- Goal 1: Achieve consistent, sustainable growth and maintain market leadership position.
- Goal 2: Reduce the company’s environmental footprint through increased energy efficiency and use of alternative energy sources.
- Goal 3: Create a culture of inclusiveness, innovation and education in the workplace with an emphasis on employee wellbeing and satisfaction.
- Goal 4: Maintain the standards of integrity and conviction entrusted to Clean Earth by our local and federal permitting agencies.
- Goal 5: Increase environmental protection and resource conservation by reducing waste streams from the facilities and mitigating the overall environmental impacts on the surrounding communities.
Chris Dods, President & CEO states, ” Sustainability is the cornerstone of every business. Have a good month, quarter or even year should not be the bedrock of a strategic or even a tactical plan. You must have sustainable plans and processes to ensure your company is caring for the company’s people, our planet and the company’s profits. If we cannot sustain these things we will not survive as a business. Our Sustainability plan codifies and measures our activities to achieve this goal.”
Routine reporting on the progress of Clean Earth’s sustainability goals ensures accountability and fosters efforts of continuous improvement. As stated in the Plan, Clean Earth will issue an annual report detailing the success, challenges and progress in meeting the sustainability goals. The Sustainability Plan is a living, working document. The Plan will be revised throughout its three-year term to address new developments in sustainability, technology, and the marketplace.
Clean Earth Inc. is one of the nation’s largest specialty waste companies providing recycling and remediation services to energy, infrastructure, commercial and industrial customers along the East Coast of the United States. Headquartered in Hatboro, Pa., it operates a network of 10 full-service facilities from New York through Florida that handle more than three million tons of material annually.
SOURCE Clean Earth, Inc.