Explainer Videos – The New Sensation in Internet Marketing
Research shows why explainer video production houses such as Lumeo Inc. are rapidly gaining popularity.
Melbourne, VIC (PRWEB) June 26, 2012
New research from PEW Research Center, has uncovered that 50% of Internet viewers regularly watch humorous videos. Explainer videos or “explainers” are powerful marketing tools that deftly use humour to engage audiences while communicating a company´s value proposition.
The rapidly rising popularity of explainers in the world of online marketing can be attributed to one main reason — they work. And not just for small businesses and startups. Top dogs like Google and Facebook use them as well.
The main benefits of explainer videos are:
1. They increase website conversions. According to Internet Retailer, visitors who view a product video are 85% more likely to make a purchase than visitors who do not.
2. Each video fulfils multiple purposes beyond the landing page. These include kicking off a VC pitch, corporate training, and viral marketing. Studies have shown that 59% of senior executives prefer to learn about services through a video.
3. They increase audience interaction. A good explainer video is equal parts informative and entertaining. An entertaining video is more likely to be shared on social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter and YouTube. Essentially, the video markets itself.
4. They create pre-launch buzz around a product. A good explainer video can incite curiousity amongst audiences about a product or service that has yet to be launched. This has been used effectively on sites like Kickstarter and LaunchRock.
5. They improve Search Engine Optimisation. Sites with videos on them are 53 times more likely to receive a Google first page ranking.
For these reasons, using explainer videos can be one of the most effective forms of marketing that a company will ever employ. Moreover, given that it is a once-off investment, it has the potential to provide a spectacular ROI over the long term as well.
However, this is only true if the explainer is funny and effectively simplifies the message. The key here is to pick the right production house.
Companies interested in reaping the vast benefits of explainer videos can visit Lumeo Inc. for more information.
LumeoInc is an Australian-based company that has one mission: to make simple, funny and powerful web videos. They are passionate animators and storytellers who work closely with their clients to distil their ideas to its essence and tell a story that their customers will enjoy hearing.
For further information, contact Lumeo Inc. or call +613 9682 6665.
For the original version on PRWeb visit: http://www.prweb.com/releases/prweb2012/6/prweb9626563.htm