Focus on Energy Launches New Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy Programs for Wisconsin Residents and Businesses
MADISON, Wis., July 6, 2012 /PRNewswire/ — Focus on Energy, Wisconsin utilities’ statewide program for energy efficiency and renewable energy, today announced new programs for residents and businesses, adding to its variety of established program offerings for energy efficiency and renewable energy projects.
“These programs will allow Focus on Energy to deliver cost-effective energy savings and better serve the utility ratepayers of Wisconsin while further adding to an already successful mix of programs available to residents and businesses in the state,” said William S. Haas, program director.
A summary of new programs launched as of July 1, 2012, include:
- The New Homes Program certifies homes that are more durable, comfortable, energy efficient, and combustion safe than other homes built to the current Wisconsin building code. Leading energy experts work with builders to provide homes that meet strict energy efficiency and quality standards.
- The Renewable Energy Program offers Cash-Back Rewards for the installation of eligible, new renewable energy systems in homes that already meet energy efficiency requirements. This program has offerings for solar electric photo-voltaic (PV), solar hot water, and geothermal renewable energy systems.
- The Renewable Energy Competitive Incentive Program provides incentives for renewable energy systems installed at Wisconsin businesses. This program offers financial support to the most cost-effective renewable energy projects located at eligible facilities. Eligible renewable energy technologies include: biomass, biogas, geothermal, PV, solar thermal, and wind. Incentives for business renewable projects will be awarded in a competitive RFP process.
- The Retro-commissioning Program works with owners and managers of existing buildings to optimize performance and operational efficiency. Unlike traditional efficiency programs, retro-
commissioning takes a more holistic approach by targeting building systems, energy-using equipment, and operating schedules and optimizing how these elements work together.
- The Small Business Program provides easy and affordable options for making long-term energy-saving improvements. Eligible small business owners receive a free, onsite energy assessment and are provided with free or low-cost options for reducing monthly energy costs through the direct install of energy savings measures.
Business customers and trade allies interested in participating in available programs should visit www.focusonenergy.com for program information, terms and conditions, and the new application forms. Any questions regarding the programs or participation can be directed to Focus on Energy’s customer service center at 800.762.7077 or email@example.com.
About Focus on Energy
Focus on Energy is Wisconsin utilities’ statewide energy efficiency and renewable resource program funded by the state’s investor-owned energy utilities and participating municipal and electric cooperative utilities. Focus on Energy works with eligible Wisconsin residents and businesses to install cost-effective energy efficiency and renewable energy projects. Focus on Energy information, resources and financial incentives help to implement projects that otherwise would not be completed. Its efforts help Wisconsin residents and businesses manage rising energy costs, promote in-state economic development, protect our environment and control Wisconsin’s growing demand for electricity and natural gas. For more information call 800.762.7077 or visit focusonenergy.com.
Director of Marketing & Communications
SOURCE Focus on Energy