2nd Annual Veterans Festival in Forest Park
ST. LOUIS, July 20, 2012 /PRNewswire/ — The second annual Veterans Festival in Forest Park is set for Labor Day weekend September 1 – 3. Admission to the Festival is FREE from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. in the Veterans Village at Forest Park–the 1,293-acre jewel of the St. Louis metropolitan area one of St. Louis’ most treasured resources. The Veterans Festival committee announced that Anheuser-Busch is the premier sponsor of the event.
The mission of the Veterans Festival in Forest Park is to salute the sacrifices these brave men and women have made for our country and community. The Veterans Festival aims to promote awareness of the resources and services available to Veterans and their families.
“Over 500,000 Veterans make Missouri their home. As the young men and women deployed to Iraq and Afghanistan return home, we want them to be aware of the services and support that are available to them,” says Festival Chairman Dave Morgan.
Veterans Festival Founder Robert Hermann says, “The goal of this Veterans Festival is to bring our community together in honor of all Missouri Veterans who have served their country so bravely and selflessly in numerous wars and conflicts in the 19th, 20th, and 21st centuries.”
“Veterans helping Veterans, that’s what we do,” Morgan continued.
Proceeds from the Veterans Festival in Forest Park go to officers’ service programs at the Veterans of Foreign Wars, American Legion and Disabled American Veterans.
Activities and Events
Veterans Village, near the Muny, will be the centerpiece of the three-day Festival featuring family activities, concerts, and exhibits throughout Forest Park including:
- special offers and events for Veterans and their families all weekend at the St. Louis Zoo, Art Museum, History Museum, Science Center and off-site at the Missouri Botanical Garden
- Veteran resources and services in the Veterans’ Village
- a parade led by the majestic Budweiser Clydesdales on Saturday and will remain on site for photos with guests
- hundreds of vintage automobiles on display
- golf tournament
- a tennis tournament at the Dwight Davis tennis courts
- military equipment both modern and dating back more than 100 years including Special Ops aircraft and a 30-foot Coast Guard Vessel
- bands performing, rock, country, bluegrass, jazz and other popular musical styles
- battle reenactments
- festival food and refreshment vendors
- Veterans Festival 10-mile run
- win a 2012 Harley-Davidson Softail motorcycle
The Veterans’ event expects to draw more than 1/2 million people to a weekend of sports, arts, games, history and fun throughout Forest Park — all to honor the men and women who have nobly and selflessly served our nation.
For more information on the Festival visit www.vfstl.com
CONTACT: Susan Carrington, +1-314-918-9119, firstname.lastname@example.org
SOURCE Veterans Festival in Forest Park