Six Honored with SAE International John Johnson Award for Outstanding Research in Diesel Engines
WARRENDALE, Pa., Aug. 14, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ — SAE International presented six recipients with the John Johnson Award for Outstanding Research in Diesel Engines during the SAE 2012 World Congress held in Detroit.
This award, established in 2008, recognizes the authors of an original and outstanding technical paper presented at an SAE International meeting on the subject of diesel engines. The paper is required to be published in SAE International’s journals and address research advancements in diesel engines regarding efficiency and low emissions achieved by innovative experimental and modeling research of the engine, fuel and/or aftertreatment system. The award can also recognize an individual who has demonstrated outstanding leadership in research and development in the field of diesel engines through a singular accomplishment or lifetime achievement.
The award honors Dr. John H. Johnson, a presidential professor with the Department of Mechanical-Engineering Mechanics at Michigan Technological University (MTU) for his lifelong devotion to students, the diesel industry, public service and SAE International.
Those receiving awards included:
- Caroline L. Genzale, Assistant Professor, G.W. Woodruff School of Mechanical Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology
- Cherian A. Idicheria, Senior Researcher, General Motors Research and Development Center
- Julien Manin, Post Doctoral Fellow, Sandia National Laboratories
- Mark P.B. Musculus, Principal Member of the Technical Staff, Sandia National Laboratories
- Lyle M. Pickett, Principal Member of the Technical Staff, Sandia National Laboratories
- Dennis L. Siebers, Manager, Sandia National Laboratories
SAE International is a global association of more than 133,000 engineers and related technical experts in the aerospace, automotive and commercial-vehicle industries. SAE International’s core competencies are life-long learning and voluntary consensus standards development. SAE International’s charitable arm is the SAE Foundation, which supports many programs, including A World In Motion® and the Collegiate Design Series(TM).
- www.sae.org -
Contact: Shawn Andreassi of SAE International, 1-724-772-8522 or email@example.com
SOURCE SAE International