Inaugural 2012 China Sourcing Fairs opened today at Sao Paulo
SAO PAULO, Aug. 14, 2012 /PRNewswire-Asia/ — Global Sources (NASDAQ: GSOL) announced the opening of the first China Sourcing Fairs and the co-located India Sourcing Fair today in Sao Paulo, Brazil. The sold-out events are the largest Greater China-products exhibition in Brazil, featuring more than 500 booths. This marks the growing importance of trade partnerships between quality Greater China suppliers and the burgeoning South American market.
The shows are managed by Milton Exhibits under license from Global Sources and run from today through August 16 at the Imigrantes Exhibition Center, Sao Paulo. Exhibitors are mainly from Greater China and India, representing electronics, gifts & premiums, garments & textiles and hardware & building materials.
The inaugural Fairs received strong support from mainland China and India with group pavilions of Guangdong, Huizhou and Tianjin, the Hong Kong Exporters’ Association, Federation of Indian Export Organisations, and leading electronics manufacturers such as TCL, Desay and Foryou Group.
“Brazil’s rise to the sixth largest economy in the world signifies a growing market for high-quality goods from China suppliers,” said Tommy Wong, President of Global Sources Exhibitions. “The middle class consumer market in Brazil represents nearly $1 trillion in purchasing power while mainland China has established itself as the country’s single largest trade partner.
“The growth in Sino-Brazilian trade is well demonstrated by the early sell out of these inaugural events. We expect the Fairs to help establish a strong foundation for China suppliers to tap into the booming South American market.”
Officially opening the events were:
- Xu Shaohua, Executive Vice Governor, People’s Government of Guangdong Province, PRC
- Li Chunhong, Director of Development and Reform Commission of Guangdong Province and Deputy Secretary-General of the People’s Government of Guangdong Province, PRC
- Wen Guohui, Director-General of State-owned Assets Supervision and Administration Commission of the People’s Government of Guangdong Province, PRC
- Ma Hua, Deputy Director General, the Department of Foreign Trade and Economic Cooperation of Guangdong Province, PRC
- Chen Yiwei, Mayor, Huizhou Municipal People’s Government, PRC
- Huang Kun, Vice Consul, Consulate General of the People’s Republic of China in Sao Paulo, PRC
- G V Srinivas, Consul General, Consulate General of India in Sao Paulo, India
- Sunil Agnihotri, Joint Deputy Director General, Federation of Indian Export Organisations, India
- Hans Schaeffer, Director, Investe Sao Paulo, Brazil
- Elisabete Sorrentino, International Events Director, Sao Paulo Convention Visitors Bureau, Brazil
- Uta Schwietzer, Director of Brazil-China Chamber, Brazil
- Tommy Wong, President, Global Sources Exhibitions, Global Sources
The China Sourcing Fairs in Brazil are the most recent additions to the series of Fairs held in the up-and-coming markets of Dubai, Mumbai, Johannesburg, and Miami, which serves Latin America.
More details about the China Sourcing Fairs in Brazil are available at http://www.chinasourcingfair.com/brazil.
About Global Sources
Global Sources is a leading business-to-business media company and a primary facilitator of trade with Greater China.
The core business facilitates trade between Asia and the world using English-language media such as online marketplaces (http://www.globalsources.com), print and digital magazines, sourcing research reports, private sourcing events, trade shows, and online sourcing fairs.
Over 1.18 million international buyers, including 85 of the world’s top 100 retailers, use these services to obtain product and company information to help them source more profitably from overseas supply markets. These services also provide suppliers with integrated marketing solutions to build corporate image, generate sales leads and win orders from buyers in more than 240 countries and territories.
Global Sources’ other businesses provides Chinese-language media to companies selling to and within Greater China. These services include online web sites, print and digital magazines, seminars and trade shows. In mainland China, Global Sources has a network of more than 40 office locations and a community of over 4 million registered online users and magazine readers of its Chinese-language media.
Now in its fifth decade, Global Sources has been publicly listed on the NASDAQ since 2000.
Press Contact in Asia Investor Contact in Asia Camellia So Suzanne Wang Tel: +852-2555-5021 Tel: +852-2555-4747 e-mail: email@example.com e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Press Contact in U.S. Investor Contact in U.S. Brendon Ouimette Cathy Mattison Tel: +1-480-664-8309 LHA e-mail: email@example.com Tel: +1-415-433-3777 e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
SOURCE Global Sources