Voting Begins for Rebuilding Together and Choice Hotels
WASHINGTON, Aug. 23, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ — Rebuilding Together, a national nonprofit who believes in a safe and healthy home for every person, has once again teamed up with Choice Hotels’ Econo Lodge and Rodeway Inn hotel owners, to help community centers in need through the Rebuilding Dreams project.
There are four community centers and Rebuilding Together affiliates taking part in the contest for the Rebuilding Dreams project. The community center with the most votes will receive free renovations courtesy of Rebuilding Together, The Econo Lodge Franchise Association and the Rodeway Inn Owners Association.
Voting begins Today, Aug. 23 and closes on Sept. 14. The winner will be announced on Sept. 17. The four Rebuilding Together affiliates and community centers include:
- Rebuilding Together Broward County will renovate Helping Abused Neglected Disadvantaged Youth (HANDY). HANDY is a local nonprofit organization that caters to abused, neglected and disadvantaged youth. They serve more than 1,300 children a year ranging in age from birth to 23 years.
- Rebuilding Together Greater Milwaukee has partnered with Urban Underground. Urban Underground, a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization founded in 2000, works to promote a new generation of young leaders committed to building safe and sustainable communities.
- Rebuilding Together Nashville is working with C.E. McGruder Family Resource Center for their project site. McGruder FRC is a collaborative effort between Matthew Walker Comprehensive Health Center, United Way, and Metro Nashville Public Schools. The partners of McGruder FRC are committed to ensuring that families, children, and seniors are safe. Most of their services are offered at no cost and open to the public.
- Rebuilding Together Sacramento will renovate the Sacramento Food Bank & Family Services. The Sacramento Food Bank & Family Services (SFBFS) is a local, nonprofit agency committed to serving individuals and families in need. SFBFS provides free emergency goods and services to nearly 20,000 unduplicated men, women and children each month.
Additionally, there will be a sweepstakes for consumers who cast votes during the Rebuilding Dreams contest. At the end of the contest, one voter will be drawn as the sweepstakes winner, receiving:
- Round trip airfare for two to the city where the project is held
- Participation on the project on October 25
- Hotel accommodations for two nights
- $500 in spending money
For more information on the Rebuilding Dreams contest and to cast your vote today, visit ChoiceHotels.com/RebuildingTogether. Make sure to cast your vote and make a difference for one community in need!
About Rebuilding Together
Rebuilding Together believes that everyone deserves to live in a safe and healthy home. Our focus provides critical repairs, accessibility modifications and energy efficient upgrades to low-income homes and community centers at no cost to service recipients. Our impact extends beyond the individuals served to revitalize and stabilize vulnerable neighborhoods and communities across the country. Our 200 local affiliates complete 10,000 rebuild projects a year thanks to the efforts of nearly 200,000 volunteers from corporate partners, skilled trades professionals and everyday good citizens. Join us – visit www.RebuildingTogether.org.
About Choice Hotels
Choice Hotels International, Inc. franchises more than 6,000 hotels, representing more than 490,000 rooms, in the United States and more than 35 other countries and territories. As of June 30, 2010, more than 580 hotels are under construction, awaiting conversion or approved for development in the United States, representing more than 47,000 rooms, and approximately 100 hotels, representing approximately 8,700 rooms, are under construction, awaiting conversion or approved for development in 20 other countries and territories. The company’s Comfort Inn, Comfort Suites, Quality, Sleep Inn, Clarion, Cambria Suites, MainStay Suites, Suburban Extended Stay Hotel, Econo Lodge and Rodeway Inn brands serve guests worldwide. In addition, via its Ascend Collection membership program, travelers in the United States, Canada and the Caribbean have upscale lodging options at historic, boutique and unique hotels.
Additional corporate information may be found on the Choice Hotels International, Inc. Website, which may be accessed at www.choicehotels.com.
Choice Hotels, Choice Hotels International, Comfort Inn, Comfort Suites, Quality, Sleep Inn, Clarion, Cambria Suites, MainStay Suites, Suburban Extended Stay Hotel, Econo Lodge, Rodeway Inn and Ascend Collection are proprietary trademarks and service marks of Choice Hotels International. ©2011 Choice Hotels International, Inc. All rights reserved.
SOURCE Rebuilding Together