Navman Wireless Streamlines Fleet Tracking with New User Map Overlay
GLENVIEW, Ill., Sept. 10, 2012 /PRNewswire/ — Navman Wireless USA today announced a powerful new map overlay capability for its OnlineAVL2 fleet tracking system that enables fleet operators to superimpose their own infrastructure, Geographic Information Systems (GIS) or route maps on OnlineAVL2′s real-time vehicle and equipment location maps, creating an integrated view that expedites dispatching and other activities. Available immediately in the U.S., the map feature is one of a series of enhancements in the new Version 12.2 release that also include new construction-specific reports, other report upgrades, and updates that extend the unique ability of the system’s Dynamic Dashboard(TM) to instantly drilldown all the way to the individual vehicle level for any key performance indicator (KPI).
With the new map overlay function in the Navman Wireless system, fleet managers can see real-time asset location in relation to their own business infrastructure as well as in geographical context on a single map, eliminating the need to consult multiple applications. A utility company can overlay a map of its gas, water , electric or telephone lines; an oil and gas company, of its underground pipes; a mining company, of its property boundaries; a delivery company, of established customer routes; a city, of its neighborhoods and wards; and so on. This saves time, provides deeper insights, and can yield operational benefits ranging from improved customer service to faster emergency response.
Other new features in Version 12.2 include:
- Redesigned Maintenance, Engine Hours and Equipment Utilization reports that enhance the information available for construction fleets.
- A new Jobsite Utilization report that breaks down equipment utilization within each geofenced jobsite, facilitating job costing for construction companies.
- A new Zero Event Activity report showing which vehicles or assets have not reported a specific event such as equipment movement, snow plow engagement or lift gate operation within the designated reporting period. This data can help pinpoint vehicle or equipment malfunctions, driver or operator downtime, and other problems.
- A new Trip Cycle report for rock quarry operations, making it possible to track the time that elapses between loading rock, delivering it to the crusher and returning for another load in order to reduce cycle times and optimize equipment use.
- An enhanced Work vs. Idle report that shows both running-idle and running-working times for more accurate preventative maintenance scheduling and over-servicing avoidance. Both working and idle times are expressed in the tenth of an hour, supporting construction firms that need this information to bill for equipment use.
- Dashboard enhancements that both simplify and expand the at-a-glance information available to fleet managers and dispatchers. Utilizing a unique interface that instantly conveys fleet status without graphs or charts, the dashboard provides streamlined display of both real-time and day/week/month trending KPIs as well as color-coded alerts for metrics exceeding user-defined thresholds, speeding response time and management by exception.
All upgrades are included as standard components of OnlineAVL2′s Fleet+ or Complete subscription packages, available for a flat monthly fee based on the package selected. Navman Wireless offers a choice of three subscription bundles with features ranging from entry-level vehicle tracking to back-end system integration, enabling fleet managers to match the package to their specific requirements.
“Every enhancement to our OnlineAVL2 platform is designed to improve visibility into fleet operations to help drive management and cost efficiencies, safety and overall business improvements,” said Renaat Ver Eecke, Vice President and General Manager, Navman Wireless North America. “These newest features equip fleet managers with new tools that can assist in both real-time activity insights and longer-term trend analysis to further optimize fleet operations and profitability.”
Navman Wireless’ OnlineAVL2 platform is the only fleet tracking solution that provides location, operations and performance data for both on-highway vehicles and construction heavy equipment from a single interface. Components include the back-end OnlineAVL2 application, delivered under the Software-as-a-Service model with no major in-house software installation or maintenance required; the Qube on-highway and ruggedized Qtanium off-highway GPS tracking devices; and in-vehicle M-Nav and MDT mobile messaging/turn-by-turn GPS navigation devices.
More information is available by visiting www.navmanwireless.com, emailing ProductSpecialist@navmanwireless.com, or calling 877-891-5009 in the U.S. International contact information is at http://www.navmanwireless.com/about-us/contact-us
About Navman Wireless
Navman Wireless is a global leader in GPS-based fleet optimization products and services, including real-time vehicle tracking and analytics delivered under the Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) model that enable companies to track, monitor and communicate with their movable and fixed equipment assets. The company’s technology currently monitors more than 160,000 vehicles owned by over 14,000 organizations worldwide, making Navman Wireless one of the world’s largest fleet management providers with coverage on five continents. Navman Wireless is based in Glenview, IL, with facilities in the U.S., Mexico, UK, Italy, Taiwan, Ireland, China, New Zealand and Australia. For more information, visit www.navmanwireless.com.
SOURCE Navman Wireless USA