Navman Wireless Adds Android Support to Mobile Fleet Tracking App
GLENVIEW, Ill., Sept. 13, 2012 /PRNewswire/ — Navman Wireless has released a new Android version of the mobile app for its OnlineAVL2 fleet tracking system, making it possible for dispatchers, fleet managers and executives to monitor and manage fleet activities from Android smartphones and tablets as well as from iPhones and iPads. This anytime/anywhere access extends the ability of the OnlineAVL2 platform to reduce operating costs, improve productivity and maximize customer service by providing control over fleet operations even from the road.
Free of charge to OnlineAVL2 users, the mobile app delivers key mapping, auditing, routing and messaging capabilities on the go to help keep fleets running smoothly. Mobile users can tap the app to:
- View fleet, vehicle group or individual asset location in real time on Google Maps, facilitating dispatch, reallocation of assets, and general fleet oversight.
- Spot out-of-bounds vehicles or construction equipment by tapping a button to add previously created geofences or job sites to the map view.
- Review any vehicle’s activity by date, either in a list or on a map, in order to retrace driving routes and pinpoint the time and location of events such as speeding or idling.
- Route drivers to a specific address with turn-by-turn directions as well as job details by sending the information to Navman Wireless in-vehicle M-Nav terminals.
- Send messages to one or multiple Navman Wireless in-vehicle terminals with a tap, eliminating phone calls or separate text messages with associated delays.
Navman Wireless’ OnlineAVL2 platform is the only fleet tracking solution that provides location, operations and performance data for both on-road vehicles and construction equipment from a single interface. The back-end OnlineAVL2 application is delivered under the Software-as-a-Service model with no major in-house software installation or maintenance required. The platform also includes Qube on-road and Qtanium off-road GPS tracking devices; and in-vehicle M-Nav and MDT mobile messaging/turn-by-turn GPS navigation devices.
The OnlineAVL2 mobile app can be downloaded at the Apple App Store or Google Play.
More information is available by visiting www.navmanwireless.com, emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, or calling 877-891-5009 in the U.S. International contact information is at http://www.navmanwireless.com/about-us/contact-us.
About Navman Wireless
Navman Wireless is a global leader in GPS-based fleet optimization products and services, including real-time vehicle tracking and analytics delivered under the Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) model that enable companies to track, monitor and communicate with their movable and fixed equipment assets. The company’s technology currently monitors more than 160,000 vehicles owned by over 14,000 organizations worldwide, making Navman Wireless one of the world’s largest fleet management providers with coverage on five continents. Navman Wireless is based in Glenview, IL, with facilities in the U.S., Mexico, UK, Italy, Taiwan, Ireland, China, New Zealand and Australia. For more information, visit www.navmanwireless.com.
SOURCE Navman Wireless