SAE International Announces Slate of October Automotive Engineering Seminars in China
WARRENDALE, Pa., Sept. 20, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ — Drivetrain, all-wheel drive and project management are just a few of the topics that will be featured in SAE International’s October professional development courses to be held in China.
The seminars include:
- 15-16 October – “A Familiarization of Drivetrain Components” (SAITC Motor Training Center): Designed to help attendees visualize both individual components and the entire drivetrain system – without reference to complicated equations – this seminar focuses on the terms, functions, nomenclature, operating characteristics and effect on vehicle performance for each of the drivetrain components. Attendees will receive an introduction to the various components of the drivetrain, including the clutch or torque converter, manual or automatic transmission, driveshaft, axle, wheel ends, and brakes.
- 16-18 October – “AS9100C Internal Auditor Training” (Holiday Inn Express Putuo): Internal audits are a requirement of the AS9100 Rev C standard and one of the fundamental requirements of the internal audit program is to verify the compliance of the organization’s quality management system to the AS9100 standard. Internal auditors must be knowledgeable of these requirements and the expectations as identified in the standard. This three-day internal auditor training program is designed to provide potential and existing internal auditors with the knowledge necessary to understand and successfully audit an organization against AS9100 Rev C: Quality Management Systems – Requirements for Aviation, Space and Defense Organizations.
- 17 October – “Fundamentals of Automotive All-Wheel Drive Systems” (SAITC Motor Training Center): This seminar provides an introduction to the fundamental concepts and evolution of passenger car and light truck 4×4/all-wheel drive (AWD) systems including the nomenclature utilized to describe these systems. Basic power transfer unit and transfer case design parameters, component application to system function, the future of AWD systems, and emerging technologies that may enable future systems are covered.
- 17-18 October – “Engineering Project Management” (SAITC Motor Training Center): Project Management and Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) are two critical techniques used in product development in the mobility industry today. This seminar will bring these techniques together in an easy to understand format that goes beyond the typical concept of constructing timelines and project planning, by exploring not only the AIAG APQP process, but also specific aspects of PM processes.
- 17-19 October – “Weibull-Log Analysis Workshop” (SAITC Motor Training Center): RMS (Reliability-Maintainability-Safety-Supportability) engineering is emerging as the newest discipline in product development due to new credible, accurate, quantitative methods. Weibull Analysis is foremost among these new tools. New and advanced Weibull techniques are a significant improvement over the original Weibull approach. This workshop presents special methods developed for these data problems, such as Weibayes, with actual case studies in addition to the latest techniques in SuperSMITH® Weibull for risk forecasts with renewal and optimal component replacement.
- 19 October – “Design Reviews for Effective Product Development” (SAITC Motor Training Center): This seminar describes how formal design reviews can improve products by uncovering potential problems before they are discovered at a later stage of development or application, when the costs of correction are much higher. A broad range of effective techniques for organizing and conducting design reviews will be presented. Specific guidance and tools to assist attendees in structuring design reviews tailored to their own company, specification, or contract requirements will also be provided.
For detailed information about the seminars, click on the above individual program links or visit http://www.sae.org/pdevent/bydate/.
To register and pay USD, click the Register button on the seminar’s registration page and submit the online form, or contact SAE Customer Service at 1-877-606-7323 (724/776-4970 outside the U.S. and Canada) or at CustomerService@sae.org.
To register and pay RMB:
SAE International China Office
Phone: +86 21-6157 7364; Fax: +86 21-2302 5988; E-mail: RickWang@sae.org
SAE International is a global association of more than 133,000 engineers and related technical experts in the aerospace, automotive and commercial-vehicle industries. SAE International’s core competencies are life-long learning and voluntary consensus standards development. SAE International’s charitable arm is the SAE Foundation, which supports many programs, including A World In Motion® and the Collegiate Design Series(TM).
- www.sae.org -
Contact: Shawn Andreassi, SAE International, at email@example.com or 1-724-772-8522.
SOURCE SAE International