PS&S and Warren Pro Partner with Witt Associates to Accelerate Recovery Efforts in the Wake of Hurricane Sandy
NEW YORK and WARREN TOWNSHIP, N.J., Nov. 5, 2012 /PRNewswire/ — Paulus, Sokolowski and Sartor (PS&S) and Warren Pro are working with Witt Associates to support and assist state and local officials in undertaking rapid, large-scale damage assessments caused by Hurricane Sandy. The firms are teaming to coordinate post-Sandy elements of infrastructure review, hazard mitigation and public and individual assistance programs in association with FEMA to facilitate the immediate deployment of business continuity in hard-hit areas and neighborhoods in New York and New Jersey.
PS&S and Warren Pro have served in this capacity previously on behalf of states and local municipalities.
The Group’s role will be to:
- Manage storm recovery and support long-term recovery planning and implementation;
- Implement FEMA programs on the ground to maximize funding and speed recovery efforts, among other key tasks;
- Assure financial accountability and eligibility requirements and procedures (key components of the FEMA reimbursement process) are met;
- Provide structural inspections (buildings, bridges, roadways, dams, retaining walls, bulkheads, piers);
- Oversee emergency permitting, as well as the review and repair of facades, roofs and solar installations;
- Undertake Storm water / Flood analysis and recommendations;
- Evaluate and assess Water / Wastewater Facilities, Slope Failure and Erosion Control;
- Actuate Shoring Design, Utility Repairs, Electrical and Control Systems Reviews;
- Initiate Insurance Policy reviews and Claims Preparations
Paulus, Sokolowski & Sartor (PS&S), a best-in-class architecture and engineering (AE) firm, and Warren Pro, LLC are wholly-owned subsidiaries of AJS Acquisition, LLC, which offers building and land design, architectural, and environmental services to a wide spectrum of clients. AJS Acquisition’s corporate headquarters are located in Warren, NJ and its family of companies have regional offices located in Newark, Camden and Galloway, NJ; Yonkers and Garden City, NY; San Diego, CA; and Puerto Rico. Its expertise ranges from insurance, architecture, engineering and financial services to management consulting and risk management. Learn more at www.ajscap.com.
Washington, DC-based Witt Associates is the emergency preparedness and public safety consulting firm headed by James Lee Witt, the former FEMA Director under President Clinton, widely acknowledged as the most successful FEMA Director since the agency’s founding in 1979. Emergency management, disaster response and recovery planning, logistical support and mustering the resources required for long-term recovery in the wake of a catastrophic event – Witt Associates’ track record assisting cities and states is extensive. Many communities have turned to Witt Associates to augment and support their emergency / disaster response and recovery efforts, particularly in those instances when an event may overwhelm the ability of local government to address their needs and maximize reimbursement for their costs incurred over the weeks and months after a disaster strikes.
Contact: Robert Zito (917) 692-0747
SOURCE Paulus, Sokolowski and Sartor (PS&S)