Wood Group Kenny Awarded Sapinhoa Pre-Salt Field Riser Design Contract With Saipem
HOUSTON, March 13, 2013 /PRNewswire/ — Wood Group Kenny has been awarded a contract by Saipem for the engineering analysis and configuration design of the steel lazy-wave riser (SLWR) system for the Sapinhoa Norte pre-salt field, approximately 300km off the coasts of Rio de Janeiro and Sao Paulo states in Brazil.
This award follows tender support work and conceptual riser engineering that Wood Group Kenny provided to Saipem in Paris at the original bid stage of this project. Saipem has since been awarded the engineering, procurement, fabrication, installation and pre-commissioning of the SLWR at the Sapinhoa Norte field. Wood Group Kenny’s project scope includes extreme response analysis, wave fatigue analysis, vortex-induced vibration and interference analyses, all of which is to be carried out in two stages: a fast-track front-end engineering design followed by a detailed design verification.
Adriana Botto, director of Wood Group Kenny do Brasil said: “This is a leading-edge project for us, as the design of steel lazy-wave risers is still pretty new in the industry. This work will build on our initial experience of SLWR engineering in the Gulf of Mexico. Furthermore, by supporting our client Saipem from both our Rio and Paris offices, we are offering them the best possible mechanism to capture effectively the solutions achieved from the original conceptual design work in Paris, while developing the front-end and detailed engineering design of the riser locally in Brazil.” She added, “We are certainly looking forward to working with Saipem again on this prestigious project.”
Wood Group Kenny has worked on previous projects with Saipem, including the Petrobras P55 production and export lines, offshore Brazil; the Rosa field and Kizomba Satellite, offshore Angola; and the Total Akpo and Total Usan fields, offshore Nigeria.
Notes to editors
Wood Group is an international energy services company with $6bn sales, employing around 43,000 people worldwide and operating in 50 countries. The Group has three businesses – Engineering, Wood Group PSN and Wood Group GTS – providing a range of engineering, production support, maintenance management and industrial gas turbine overhaul and repair services to the oil & gas, and power generation industries worldwide. www.woodgroup.com
Wood Group Kenny is the world’s largest independent specialist subsea, pipeline and riser engineering and management contractor employing approximately 2500 people worldwide, part of international energy services company, Wood Group. Wood Group Kenny comprises five closely linked businesses -
- J P Kenny – one of the world’s leading independent subsea and pipeline engineering organisations, operating from 11 locations worldwide and providing its clients with solutions that range from the planning stage through to procurement, fabrication, construction management, commissioning and operations support services.
- MCS Kenny – a world leader in compliant riser design with an extensive track record across all riser types and water depths. This includes flexible risers, steel catenary risers, hybrid steel-flexible risers, and top tensioned risers for both floating production and floating drilling platforms. The company also provides advanced structural analysis, drilling and floating systems engineering, and software and technology development capabilities.
- MSi Kenny – world-class experience in the application of advanced technology for the design and optimal operation of oil & gas production, pipeline and processing facilities, and the provision of transient multiphase flow, thermodynamics, dynamic process simulation, production chemistry, and CFD expertise. Our Virtuoso® software suite provides turnkey solutions for real-time optimisation of both single-phase and multiphase production facilities and pipelines.
- WGIM – an independent engineering, management and software company, specialising in all-of-asset integrity assurance with extensive materials engineering resources, service life prediction and inspection management expertise in the oil & gas, petrochemicals, power, mining and mineral processing industries.
- SgurrEnergy – a leading renewable energy consultancy providing engineering and technical advisory services for onshore and offshore wind, solar, wave, tidal and hydro projects worldwide.
SOURCE Wood Group Kenny