Air Wick® Launches New Collection in Support of the National Park Foundation
New Line of Scents Builds Upon “The Craft of Fragrance” Platform
PARSIPPANY, N.J., April 8, 2013 /PRNewswire/ — Reckitt Benckiser’s Air Wick® brand is celebrating National Park Week (April 20 – 28) with the announcement of six new limited edition fragrances that are inspired by the rare essence of our national parks and will be featured in its full range of air freshener products. With proceeds supporting philanthropic partner, the National Park Foundation (NPF), the official charity of America’s national parks, Air Wick® developed the scents inspired by the unique flora and fauna of popular parks such as the Grand Canyon, Denali and American Samoa. This collection brings a sensory park experience into the home.
The limited edition collection was crafted by fragrance experts who spend countless hours creating the perfect harmony of fragrance notes representative of the natural elements found in these national parks and pays homage to the brand’s “The Craft of Fragrance” creative platform.
“Air Wick is thrilled to partner with the National Park Foundation to preserve and celebrate the purity and beauty of America’s over 400 national parks,” said Domenick Tiziano, Senior Brand Manager, Reckitt Benckiser. “While not every consumer has visited a national park, these fragrances are a catalyst for the senses, transporting the consumer to some of the nation’s most amazing places.”
The full range of products, available in stores now, retails from $2.99 – $5.99 and includes scented candles, freshmatic auto spray refills, scented oils and reed diffusers. Each of the six new fragrances evokes the scent and rare essence of one famous national park, helping families bring nature home:
- Grand Canyon: Be awestruck by the breathtaking majesty of Grand Canyon National Park and discover the subtle floral notes of delicate cactus blossoms carried in the warm summer breeze.
- Virgin Islands: Find yourself in the idyllic paradise of Virgin Islands National Park and uncover the delightful notes of tropical plumeria and sweet honeysuckle.
- American Samoa: Explore the lush paradise of American Samoa National Park to experience the sweet refreshing notes of native coconut and island palms.
- Denali: Seek renewal in the sun-drenched valleys of Denali National Park to breathe in the clean notes of pure cotton grass and fresh spring air.
- Gulf Islands: Bask in the fragrant scents that take you to the Gulf Islands, rich in white sand beaches and seashores that evoke sun-drenched sweet notes of a summertime paradise.
- Hawaii: Escape to a tropical island sunset at Honokohau National Historical Park and savor the unspoiled notes of exotic papaya and hibiscus flower.
About Reckitt Benckiser
Reckitt Benckiser (RB) is a world leader in household, health and personal care. It is a FTSE top 25 company and since 2000 net revenues have doubled and the market cap has quadrupled. Today it is the global No 1 or No 2 in the majority of its fast-growing categories, driven by an exceptional rate of innovation – typically about 35% of net revenue comes from innovations launched in the prior 3 years. It has a strong portfolio led by 19 global powerbrands which are: Finish, Lysol, Dettol, Vanish, Woolite, Durex, Calgon, Air Wick, Harpic, Bang, Mortein, Veet, Nurofen, Clearasil, Strepsils Gaviscon, Mucinex, Scholl and French’s, and they account for 69% of net revenue. For more information visit RB.COM.
ABOUT THE NATIONAL PARK FOUNDATION
The National Park Foundation, the official charity of America’s national parks, raises private funds that directly aid, support and enrich America’s national parks and their programs. Chartered by Congress as the nonprofit partner of the National Park Service, the National Park Foundation plays a critical role in conservation and preservation efforts, establishing national parks as powerful learning environments, and giving all audiences an equal and abundant opportunity to experience, enjoy and support America’s treasured places. www.nationalparks.org.
For more information, please visit http://www.airwick.us/.
SOURCE Reckitt Benckiser