Ciaran O’Brien joins the Board of Gaelectric Holdings plc
DUBLIN, June 4, 2013 /PRNewswire/ — Renewable energy development, operations and energy storage group, Gaelectric, has announced the appointment of Ciaran O’Brien to the Board of Gaelectric Holdings plc as a non-Executive Director. Mr. O’Brien is a leading figure in the renewable energy business in the United States and Ireland having formerly founded Airtricity’s US business, and latterly founded the US-based Wind Capital Group.
Commenting on Mr. O’Brien’s appointment, Brendan McGrath, Gaelectric Chief Executive Officer, said:
“We are delighted to welcome Ciaran to the Board of Gaelectric Holdings plc. As an international Group with renewable energy and energy storage assets in Ireland, the United Kingdom, and a significant presence in the United States, Ciaran’s background and knowledge of the international energy business, particularly in the US market, will be invaluable to Gaelectric. His track record in concluding major deals in the energy space will also help guide and inform our strategy to realise further value for our investors.”
Commenting on his appointment to the Board of Gaelectric Holdings plc, Ciaran O’Brien said:
“I am looking forward to working with my fellow Directors at Gaelectric and the management team to progress Gaelectric’s high quality portfolio of projects in Ireland, UK, and the USA. Over the next 5 years, Gaelectric plans spending over a billion dollars to build out its current development projects across the markets in which it operates. I plan to bring my experiences in developing large scale infrastructure projects to the table to further continue Gaelectric’s success.”
Mr. Ciaran O’Brien was appointed as non-executive Director to the Board of Gaelectric Holdings plc, the Group holding company, with effect from 23(rd) May.
Notes to Editor:
About Ciaran O’Brien: Currently based in the United States, Ciaran O’Brien has over 20 years’ experience in renewable energy and natural resource development in Ireland and the USA.
- Founder and Chief Executive Officer of Wind Capital Group; a leading wind-energy company in the US
- Chief Financial Officer, Airtricity Inc. founder of Airtricity’s US business
- Chief Accounting Officer, Airtricity in Ireland
- Vice President, Anglo American; directing the financing and commercialisation of the zinc mine at Lisheen, Co. Tipperary.
About Gaelectric: Gaelectric is a renewable energy development and energy storage group which, since its establishment in 2004, has demonstrated its ability to create and develop out an extensive portfolio of renewable energy projects in multiple markets. Gaelectric’s business is centred on three core areas of activity, namely –
- On-shore wind energy development and operations on the island of Ireland, with a confirmed pipeline of projects totalling to 164 MW representing a total investment of over EUR250 million for delivery by 2017.
- Energy storage systems (Gaelectric Energy Storage) and off-shore energy development.
- On-shore wind energy development in the United States.
Gaelectric has offices in Dublin, Belfast, Chicago and Great Falls, Montana.
SOURCE Gaelectric Holdings plc