Expert Hair Tips To Protect Your Hair During Hot Summer Months
Hair Club® expert stylists offer advice on keeping hair healthy this summer.
Boca Raton, FL (PRWEB) June 21, 2013
Healthy hair is dependent on a variety of factors, such as genetics, external treatments, but in the summer there are certain measures men and women can take to protect themselves from harmful rays and ensure their locks look their best.
Tina Lewis, Director of Technical Training at Hair Club®, is an expert in hair and scalp health and offers these tips on how to protect your hair from damaging sun exposure and heat during the summer months:
- Lock in moisture: People only need to shampoo a few times a week, but they should condition every day. Products containing the silicone ingredient dimethicone are especially good at protecting hair cuticles and improving moisture content. Once a week, it’s smart to use a deep conditioner with protein or keratin for added protection and to combat frizziness.
- Block UV rays: It’s easy to notice the toll the sun takes on our skin, but it’s much harder to notice the equally damaging effect it has on our hair. Not only do hats and scarves help to block UV radiation, but there are a number of products whose ingredients reduce the amount that follicles absorb. Products containing benzophenones or cinnamates can act like an SPF for your hair.
- Prepare for the pool: A dip on a hot day might be worth it, but chlorine not only dries hair out, it can also cause split ends. Dry hair is like a sponge and will absorb more of these chemicals than wet hair. Soak hair with non-chlorinated water before getting into the pool and rinse immediately after.
- Get a trim: Getting a monthly trim immediately improves the look and condition of hair. New ends are also less subject to static and frizz. Try to avoid salon treatments like bleaches and dyes in the summer months as hair exposed to sunlight is more likely to break after being subjected to chemical treatments.
- Stay cool: Hair is exposed to harmful rays and heat in the summer months, so avoid unnecessary exposure. Common beauty tools, such as hair dryers, curling irons, and straighteners all dry out hair leaving it susceptible to breakage. Air dry hair almost completely before styling to further protect follicles, or avoid artificial heat altogether.
For more information about hair health, visit http://www.hairclub.com.
ABOUT HAIR CLUB®:
Founded in 1976 by Sy Sperling, Hair Club is the leading provider of all hair restoration solutions. Hair Club has granted more than 500,000 men, women, and children an experience that truly changed their lives. Today, Hair Club has 100 locations throughout the United States, Canada, and Puerto Rico and is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Tokyo-based Aderans Co. Ltd, the world’s leading provider of total hair loss solutions. Aderans brands in the U.S. include Bosley.
*The information provided is for informational purposes only and is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician.
For the original version on PRWeb visit: http://www.prweb.com/releases/prweb2013/6/prweb10856761.htm