Indian Market for Membrane Modules
LONDON, Jan. 14, 2014 /PRNewswire/ — Reportbuyer.com just published a new market research report:
Need for High-Quality Process Water and Wastewater Treatment Regulations to Drive Growth
The use of membrane modules for water and wastewater treatment applications is increasing significantly in India. In order to achieve a sustainable GDP growth rate, India has to build a strong infrastructure; this means that the country needs to invest in power and urban infrastructure which requires water treatment and sanitation facilities. The membrane module market’s growth is directly proportional to the growth in power and infrastructure sectors. Apart from these segments, the growth of domestic water purifier segment is also driving the demand for membrane modules in India. With new investments in industrial and residential segments, the demand for membrane modules is expected to increase by 2017.
– The Indian membrane modules market, which includes reverse osmosis (RO), ultra filtration (UF), membrane bio-reactor (MBR), micro filtration (MF), and nano filtration (NF) membranes, is expected to grow from INR X million in 2012 to INR X million by 2017.
– In 2012, RO membrane modules was the leading segment with a market share ofX%. RO membranes are widely used in industrial and water purifier segments.
– Large municipal desalination projects are also driving the demand for RO membranes along with UF membranes. UF membranes are used for pre-treatment of RO in large municipal projects to increase the life of RO membranes.
– MBR systems are in developmental stage in India and are widely used in real estate, hospitality, textiles, and tannery industries.
– The wastewater treatment applications are anticipated to increase in the future, which would drive demand for RO, UF, and MBR membranes.
– Price of the membranes is one of the factors restricting market growth.
1. Usage of membrane modules in water and wastewater applications in India is growing. As a result, the membrane modules market is in a growth stage with a high growth rate.
2. Adoption of technologies such as desalination and MBR is currently limited. However, adoption is expected to go up with growing water scarcity and stringent wastewater treatment regulations.
3. The top six participants accounted for X% of the market share in 2012.
4. Residential and industrial segments are on a high growth trajectory. Municipal desalination projects are on the rise, especially in coastal states such as Tamil Nadu, Maharashtra, and Gujarat.
Time Line Definition
Base Year: 2012
Forecast Period: 2012-2017
Short Term: 2012-2014
Medium Term: 2014-2016
Long Term: 2016-2017
The revenues are in INR million and are based on the membrane module sales in all end-user segments.
Market Overview–End-user Segments
– Oil and Gas and Refineries
– Food and Beverage
– Others include Tanneries, Biotechnology, Petrochemicals, Electronics, Semiconductors, and so on.
Commercial and Residential
Domestic Water Purifiers
Market Overview–India Macro Economic Factors
Gross Domestic Product (GDP) growth (2012) X%
Population (2012) X Billion
Inflation (2012) X%
Industrial production growth X%
India’s Key Strengths:
– Strong growth fundamentals supported by economic liberalization and domestic demand
– Strong and competitive private participation
– Demographic advantage
– Stable financial systems
Key Questions This Study Will Answer
What are the major factors that drive the growth of the membrane modules market in India?
What are the growth opportunities offered by the different application segments (water and wastewater treatment)?
What is the level of competition in the Indian membrane modules market?
What is the revenue breakdown (current and forecast) by end-user segment? What is the revenue breakdown by technology segment?
Which are the entities in the value chain and what are the purchase influencers?
How is the distribution channel structured?
Table of Contents
1. Executive Summary
2. Market Overview
3. Total Membrane Modules Market
– External Challenges: Drivers and Restraints
– Forecast and Trends
– Market Share and Competitive Analysis
4. RO Membranes Breakdown
5. UF Membranes Breakdown
6. MBR Membranes Breakdown
7. MF and NF Membranes Breakdown
8. End-user Analysis
9. Opportunity Analysis
10. The Last Word
Read the full report:
Indian Market for Membrane Modules