Analyze the Functional Foods Market in the United States Including the Latest Trends, Innovations and Statistics
Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/74e6dd/functional_foods_i) has announced the addition of the “Functional Foods in the United States 2008″ report to their offering.
This report focuses on four major segments within the functional foods market: dairy and margarine, cereal bars and snacks, and bakery. In addition to presenting sales data on a segment-by-segment basis, the report considers a range of topics and trends, including the following:
– Category developments contributing to the healthy competition in this market.
– The segments in which innovation is, and is not, taking place; and where Mintel sees the greatest prospect for future innovation.
– How marketers are conveying their USPs without running foul of regulations.
– Shifts in marketing messages across the board, and why some producers of functional foods don’t market them as such.
– Who buys functional foods (age is a key determinant, but it’s not what you think!), the surprising reasons consumers give for buying functional foods, and who is buying what.
– Which health claims are most prevalent, and which ones are poised to proliferate.
– The ubiquitous ingredient that is under-utilized and under-promoted.
Key Topics Covered:
– Product proliferation, innovation drive market
– Market Size and Forecast
– Competitive Context
– Segment Performance
– Retail Channels
– Market Drivers
– Leading Companies
– Brand Qualities
– Advertising and Promotion
– Functional Food Purchases
– Frequency of Functional Food Consumption
– Functional Foods Opinions and Interest
– Race and Ethnicity
– Interest in functional foods
– Simmons Cohort Analysis
– General Mills Inc
– Dannon Co
– Yoplait USA
– Kellogg Company
– Stonyfield Farm
– Kashi Co. Inc.
– American Heart Association, Inc.
– Odwalla Inc.
– Sara Lee Food & Beverage
– PepsiCo Inc
– Horizon Organic
– American Dietetic Association (ADA)
– Sara Lee Corporation
– Unilever USA
– Wal-Mart Stores, Inc
– Food and Drug Administration
– International Food Information Council Foundation (IFIC)
– National Cancer Institute (NCI)
– Dean Foods Company
– Kemps LLC
– Barilla America Inc
– Tropicana Products Inc.
– Naked Juice Company
– Johnson & Johnson
– Mars Incorporated
– Clif Bar Inc.
– Nature Valley
– National Dairy Council (NDC)
– Weight Watchers International Inc.
– Rose Acre Farms Inc.
– National Association of Convenience Stores
– Food Marketing Institute
– Grocery Manufacturers of America
– Snack Food Association (SFA)
– American Herbal Products Association
– National Nutritional Foods Association
– American Botanical Council (ABC)
– National Yogurt Association (NYA)
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/74e6dd/functional_foods_i.