Quantcast

East Texas Electric Cooperative Moves Forward With New Peaking Plants, an Industrial Info News Alert

July 28, 2008

Researched by Industrial Info Resources (Sugar Land, Texas) — The East Texas Electric Cooperative (ETEC) will soon relocate four natural-gas-fired General Electric (NYSE:GE) combustion turbine generators from the Warren Power Project in Mississippi to two new plants in Texas. ETEC currently owns 25% of the Warren Power Project, while the remaining 75% is owned by Warren Power LLC, an affiliate of Entergy Services Incorporated, a subsidiary of Entergy Corporation (NYSE:ETR) (New Orleans, Louisiana). Commercial operation of the plant is expected to cease after the summer peak season this year, and the plant will begin to be dismantled in October. Construction on the two new Texas plants will begin in fall of this year. Wood Group Power Solutions, a subsidiary of Wood Group plc (LON:WG) (Aberdeen, Scotland), will provide construction services.

For details, view the entire article by subscribing to Industrial Info’s Premium Industry News at http://www.industrialinfo.com/showNews.jsp?newsitemID=135959, or browse other breaking industrial news stories at www.industrialinfo.com.

Industrial Info Resources (IIR) is a marketing information service specializing in industrial process, energy and financial related markets with products and services ranging from industry news, analytics, forecasting, plant and project databases, as well as multimedia services. For more information send inquiries to powergroup@industrialinfo.com or visit us online at www.industrialinfo.com.

Related News Articles

Nevada Power Completes Construction of $300 Million Power Project

Midwest Energy Completes Construction of $70 Million Power Project in Kansas

Arizona Public Service Company Completes Construction of $50 Million Expansion in Yuma

 Contact: Joe Govreau 713-783-5147  

SOURCE: Industrial Info Resources




comments powered by Disqus