Powder Mailed to Missouri Bank Not Toxic
Officials in St. Louis County, Mo., say white powder found in an envelope delivered to a bank building was nothing dangerous.
The discovery Tuesday in the unincorporated section of the country known as Mehlville caused the evacuation of the offices and brought out the fire department, police and the FBI.
The St. Louis Post-Dispatch said some of the powder got on to the arm of a worker; however neither she nor anyone else suffered any ill effects.
The worst of the incident appeared to be the sultry Missouri heat as dozens of workers stood around or waited in air-conditioned vans for the all-clear.
The powder was taken to Jefferson City, Mo., for testing. It turned out not to be toxic but officials aren’t sure what it was, the Post-Dispatch said.