North American Tungsten Advances Mactung 2008 Summer Program and Feasibility Progress
VANCOUVER, BRITISH COLUMBIA–(Marketwire – Aug. 19, 2008) – North American Tungsten Corporation Ltd. (TSX VENTURE:NTC) (the “Company”) is pleased to announce that it has mobilized crew and equipment in support of its 2008 summer program. Surface diamond drilling is well advanced on its 100% owned Mactung property.
The Mactung property is located in the Selwyn Mountain Range and covers the area around Mt. Allan in the Yukon Territories, approximately eight kilometres northwest of MacMillan Pass.
Further geotechnical and definition drilling, as well as environmental surveys have been initiated in the area for a summer work program budgeted at $3.2 Million.
The scope of the work for summer 2008 includes:
– Fill-in drilling on the middle and east end of the deposit to intersect the 2B underground Zone (Area of proposed first five years of potential mining)
– Surface Drilling for mill and tailings site
– Geotechnical drilling for water retention dam, mill site and U/ G main conveyor/crusher
– Air photography and topographic contour mapping for the Yukon Access Road and the mine site area
– Advanced environmental surveying for road access routing and pump house location. These surveys cover wildlife, fisheries, raptors, hydrometeorology, vegetation, hydrogeology and archaeology.
North American Tungsten is presently conducting on going community consultations and working with First Nations on various initiatives, including the collection of Traditional Knowledge within the area. Communications are also continuing with regulatory agencies to optimize the time required for permitting.
The Mactung feasibility study, being completed by Wardrop Engineering of Vancouver is well advanced, and is expected to be available in the near future.
ABOUT NORTH AMERICAN TUNGSTEN CORPORATION LTD.
The Company is a publicly listed Tier 1 Junior Resource Company engaged primarily in the operation, development, and acquisition of tungsten and other related mineral properties in Canada. The Company’s 100% owned Cantung mine and Mactung development project make it one of the few tungsten producers with a strategic asset in the western world. Mactung is one of the world’s largest known undeveloped high grade tungsten-skarn deposits.
ON BEHALF OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Stephen M. Leahy, Chairman & CEO
Cautionary Note: The Company relies upon litigation protection for “forward-looking” statements.
(c) 2008 Marketwire. Provided by ProQuest LLC. All rights Reserved.