Sunridge Gold Reports Gold Assay Results From the Surface Oxide Cap at Emba Derho
VANCOUVER, BRITISH COLUMBIA–(Marketwire – Aug. 26, 2008) – Sunridge Gold Corp. (TSX VENTURE:SGC) is pleased to announce recent gold assay results from 13 diamond drill holes that tested the gold oxide cap at the Emba Derho VMS deposit in Eritrea. The gold cap at Emba Derho extends from surface to a vertical depth of approximately 35 metres, overlying the main copper-zinc-gold deposit. The purpose of this drill program was to expand, further define and upgrade the surface gold zone from the Inferred to Indicated category for inclusion in future resource estimates.
Previously announced independent resource estimates for the Emba Derho deposit (news release dated December 4, 2007) showed the deposit to contain 735 million pounds of copper and 1.7 billion pounds of zinc in the Indicated category (see below for a summary of the Emba Derho Indicated resource). An updated resource estimate for the main Emba Derho deposit is scheduled for completion by mid September 2008.
Surface Gold Oxide Cap Drill highlights:
ED-217-D: 13.50 metres grading 4.64 g/t gold
ED-220-D: 31.50 metres grading 1.68 g/t gold
ED-223-D: 6.00 metres grading 4.49 g/t gold
ED-232-D: 22.00 metres grading 2.53 g/t gold
Michael Hopley, Sunridge President and CEO, said, “I believe that these new drill hole results show that the oxide gold cap at Emba Derho is starting to become a significant component that will ultimately enhance the economics of the entire deposit. We will evaluate the possibility of mining the oxide gold cap in conjunction with other surface gold deposits that Sunridge also has on the Asmara Project such as the Gupo which is only about 7 kilometers away by road.”
The following table summarizes significant drill assay results from the gold oxide cap at Emba Derho. Drill holes testing the oxide cap were not drilled in numerical order. Results are pending for drill holes ED-216, 218, 219, 221, 222, 224, 225 and 231 which were drilled to test either the copper supergene zone and/or the primary massive sulphide zone. Drill holes ED-226-D, ED-228-D and ED-229-D that targeted the oxide gold cap did not intersect significant gold values. A plan map showing the reported drill holes, as well as a 3D model of the Emba Derho deposit is inserted at the bottom of this news release (to view please click on the following link: http:// media3.marketwire.com/docs/sgc826.pdf).
——————————————————- Drill______________ From________ To__ Interval____ Gold hole ID__________ metres____ Metres____ Metres______g/t ——————————————————- ED-214-D__________ 17.50______22.00______ 4.50____ 0.72 ——————————————————- ED-215-D__________ 43.30______44.00______ 0.70____ 6.61 ——————————————————- ED-217-D__________ 14.50______28.00______13.50____ 4.64 including__________14.50______19.00______ 4.50____10.59 including__________17.50______19.00______ 1.50____23.00 ——————————————————- ED-218-D__________ 38.50______44.50______ 6.00____ 1.99 including__________38.50______40.00______ 1.50____ 5.28 ——————————————————- ED-220-D____________1.00______32.50______31.50____ 1.68 ——————————————————- ED-223-D__________ 26.50______32.50______ 6.00____ 4.49 ——————————————————- ED-227-D__________ 25.00______31.00______ 6.00____ 1.81 ——————————————————- ED-230-D__________ 25.00______26.50______ 1.50____ 1.13 ——————————————————- ED-231-D__________ 14.50______20.50______ 6.00____ 2.21 ——————————————————- ED-232-D____________0.00______22.00______22.00____ 2.53 ——————————————————-
Sunridge Gold Corp. is a mineral exploration company focused on the acquisition, exploration, discovery and development of precious and base metal projects. The company is currently conducting exploration on the Asmara Project in Eritrea. The Company has 62.1 million shares outstanding and trades on the TSX Venture Exchange under the symbol SGC. For additional information on the company and its projects please view the slide show on our website at www.sunridgegold.com or call Don Halliday or Greg Davis at the numbers listed below.
1. The tabulation below is a summary of Indicated Mineral Resources at Emba Derho:
——————————————————————– —– __________________________________K-________Zn______ Cu______ Au______ Ag Zone____________ Cut-off____ tonnes__________%________%______g/ t______g/t ——————————————————————– —– Zn Primary____1.0 g/t Zn____ 27,895______ 2.52____ 0.46____ 0.36____11.51 ——————————————————————– —– Cu Primary____0.5 g/t Cu____ 21,177______ 0.36____ 0.96____ 0.12____ 6.74 ——————————————————————– —–
2. All drill holes reported are diamond drill holes.
3. Drill intercept lengths, not true widths, are reported in the text and tabulation.
4. A Quality Assurance/Quality Control program is part of the drilling program on the Asmara Project. This program includes chain of custody protocol as well as systematic submittals of standards, duplicates and blank samples into the flow of samples produced by the drilling.
5. A description of the geology, sampling procedures, and the Company’s laboratory Quality Assurance/Quality Control procedures are as described Emba Derho Project, Eritrea – Mineral Resource Estimate” with an effective date of November 30, 2007 was prepared by MSA Geoservices (Pty) Ltd. (“MSA”), an independent and internationally operating geological consultancy firm based in Johannesburg, South Africa. The report was prepared on behalf of the Company in accordance with NI 43-101 requirements by Mike Robertson, MSc, Pr. Sci.Nat, MSAIMM and Mike Hall MAusIMM both of MSA and can be viewed on the company’s profile at www.sedar.com.
6. Samples are prepared at African Horn Testing Services (Eritrea) and analyzed at Genalysis Laboratories (a NATA registered laboratory) in Perth, Western Australia.
7. The Qualified Person responsible for the release of this exploration information is Michael Hopley, President and Chief Executive Officer of Sunridge Gold Corp.
SUNRIDGE GOLD CORP.
Michael Hopley, President and Chief Executive Officer
(c) 2008 Marketwire. Provided by ProQuest LLC. All rights Reserved.