September 24, 2008
U2009 Global Uranium Symposium Announced
The U2009 Global Uranium Symposium will be held May 9-13, 2009 at the Keystone, Colorado Resort & Conference located in the scenic Rocky Mountains, a two-hour drive from Denver International Airport and near several other ski resorts, lakes and snowcapped mountains.
The symposium will bring together uranium industry professionals and students representing the beginning of the nuclear fuel cycle and will cover the challenges, developments and phases related to uranium mining and processing.Organizers of the event include Ur-Energy, Society of Economic Geologists (SEG), Denver Region Exploration Geologists' Society (DREGS), Central Wyoming and Colorado Sections of the Society for Mining, Metallurgy and Exploration (SME), Central Rocky Mountain Chapter Health Physics Society (CRMCHPS), The Colorado Mining Association (CMA) and Wyoming Mining Association (WMA).
Topics to be featured at the symposium include:
- The Business Side of Uranium
- Exploration Techniques
- Geophysics & Geochemistry
- Mining & Processing
- Project Case Studies & Updates
- Restoration, Reclamation & Hydrology
- Environmental Health & Safety
- Permitting & Regulatory Affairs
- Socio-Economic Impacts - Sustainability Planning
- Human Resources Efforts to Attract New Professionals
- Student Poster Session
Those interested in submitting a paper/poster, please do so by emailing an abstract consisting of 500 words or less in MS Word format to [email protected] or by faxing it to (720) 981-5643, Attn: U2009 Technical Program Chair. The call for papers and posters deadline is October 3rd, 2008.
The symposium is featuring three pre-conference short courses:
- Uranium Exploration and Deposit Types, May 9th & 10th - sponsored by SEG
- Uranium Processing, May 10th - sponsored by Central Wyoming SME
- Health and Safety Aspects of Uranium Mining and Processing, May 10th - sponsored by CRMCHPS
There are pre- & post-conference field trips being organized to:
- Southwestern United States
Exciting sponsorship and exhibiting opportunities are available for the symposium. Registration opens November 3, 2008. For more information, visit www.U2009.org.
Contacts: U2009 Global Uranium Symposium c/o Ur-Energy Inc. Dani Wright 866-981-4588 720-981-5643 (FAX) [email protected]www.U2009.org
SOURCE: U2009 Global Uranium Symposium