Texas Instruments unites speed and efficiency with industry’s fastest dual, 14-bit ADC
New 250-MSPS data converter provides 66 percent greater bandwidth than competing dual ADCs
“Communications, defense and test design engineers are constantly challenged to create signal and data acquisition receivers with increasingly wide signal bandwidths that do not compromise overall system performance,” said
Key features and benefits of the ADS62P49
- Fastest dual, 14-bit ADC at 250 MSPS enables multi-channel, wide-bandwidth sampling without sacrificing dynamic performance, for enhanced accuracy in portable test equipment
- Low power of 625 mW per channel reduces thermal footprint for increased system efficiency in high-density, multi-antenna base station receivers and software defined radios
- Programmable gain and other user-selectable settings maximize design flexibility. Internal gain up to 6 dB in 1-dB steps allows customers to optimize SNR, SFDR and input swing based on the unique need of their applications. Designers can maximize SNR to enhance linearization effectiveness in digital pre-distortion (DPD) solutions, while SFDR can be increased and input drive reduced to improve small-signal analysis in defense and radio receiver applications
- Complete signal chain with comprehensive evaluation tools suite speeds time to market. Complementary products include: DACs (DAC5682Z, DAC5688), amplifiers (THS4509), RF components (TRF3703, TRF3761), DPD transmit processors (GC5325), clock distribution circuits (CDCE72010) and digital signal processors (TMS320C674x)
- First in a series of four 12- and 14-bit dual channel ADCs with sample rates of 210 and 250 MSPS (ADS62P28, ADS62P29, ADS62P48). Pin-compatible to dual-channel ADS6000 family for easy upgrades in speed and resolution
Availability and pricing
The ADS62P49 is available today in a 9 mm x 9mm QFN package for
Customers can also leverage TI’s TSW1200 digital capture tool for rapid evaluation of LVDS-output ADCs of up to 16-bit resolution and 500-MSPS sample rates to enable prototyping of complex systems and to further speed development time.
Find out more about TI’s high-speed data converters at the links below:
- Order ADS62P49 evaluation modules and samples: www.ti.com/ads62p49-pr
- See data converter portfolio and selection guide: www.ti.com/dataconverters-pr
Texas Instruments (NYSE: TXN) helps customers solve problems and develop new electronics that make the world smarter, healthier, safer, greener and more fun. A global semiconductor company, TI innovates through design, sales and manufacturing operations in more than 30 countries. For more information, go to www.ti.com.
Please refer all reader inquiries to: Texas Instruments Incorporated Semiconductor Group, SC-09039 Literature Response Center 14950 FAA Blvd. Fort Worth, TX 76155 1-800-477-8924
All registered trademarks and other trademarks belong to their respective owners.
SOURCE Texas Instruments Incorporated