Seven Jardine Crib models being recalled
Cribs made by Jardine Enterprises are being recalled following reports of entrapment and strangulation hazards to babies, a U.S. consumer commission said.
Jardine Enterprises, based in Taipei, Taiwan, announced a voluntary recall of Jardine Cribs Friday, saying about 96,000 units were affected, the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission said in a news release.
Consumers should stop using the recalled products immediately unless otherwise instructed, the CPSC said.
The U.S. commission said it received 31 reports of crib slats breaking, including two reports of children becoming entrapped in the gap created by the break. The panel said consumers reported their child broke the slat while in the crib in 10 instances.
The recalled products are:
– 0102B00 Drop-side Natural Olympia Single, date code between 9/2005-1/2007
– 0102E00 Drop-side Dark Pine Olympia Single, date code between 9/2005-1/2008
– 0302P00 Black Olympia Lifetime, date code between 11/2005-5/2008
– 0302C00 White Olympia Lifetime, date code between 6/2006-12/2006
– 0312D00 Americana Pecan 4-in-1, date code between 5/2006-11/2007
– 0308L00 Antique Walnut Capri 4-in-1, date code between 12/2005-11/2007
– 0108C00 Drop-side White Capri Single, date code between 8/2006-11/2007
The crib models were sold nationwide at KidsWorld, Geoffrey Stores, Toys
R Us, and Babies
R Us, and at Babiesrus.com, from September 2005 through April 2009, and cost between $220 and $330, the CPSC said.
Besides not using the cribs, the commission said consumers should contact Jardine to receive a full credit toward the purchase of a new crib. Jardine will provide instructions for purchasing cribs in retail stores and online.