Groom Energy Solutions Releases Update to Enterprise Carbon Accounting Software Vendor Study with Pure Strategies and Greentech Media
Group provides product and market analysis and names 7 emerging leaders
In recent months the ECA market has been validated with the entry of software giants Computer Associates and Microsoft, as well as SAP’s recent purchase of 2 year-old start-up Clear Standards. The updated report identifies the seven current market leaders as determined by number of customer deployments, technology features, market vision and financial stability. The category leaders are: Enviance, ESS, IHS, Johnson Controls, PE International, ProcessMAP and SAP/Clear Standards,
“The ECA market is growing rapidly with many enterprises looking to evaluate and better understand their options for developing and managing their Carbon footprint,” said
The report titled “Enterprise Carbon Accounting: An Analysis of Organizational-Level Greenhouse Gas (GHG) Reporting and a Review of Emerging GHG Software Products,” was initially created as a guide for organizations considering calculating or currently tracking and reporting GHG emissions. The update provides more detailed information and analysis on the state of the market and 51 vendors in total. According to the research, although less than 300 companies have purchased or deployed ECA software, it is continuing to grow as businesses find challenges with spreadsheets and realize the advantages of database-driven applications for accurate accounting. There are more than 3,000 organizations worldwide that have calculated the corporate Carbon footprint using spreadsheets.
- Organizations expect increased carbon regulation, especially in the U.S. with a new presidential administration;
- Approximately 3,000 organizations worldwide have calculated Carbon emission and approximately 300 have purchased ECA software;
- There are 7 vendors that standout as leaders in the nascent market;
- The market for ECA software is still developing with less than 300 deployments;
- Despite the early stage of the current ECA market, more than 51 vendors offer software products;
- The number of organizations using ECA software is expected to quadruple in the next two years, driven by businesses that have not traditionally invested in environmental software;
- Organizations evaluating ECA software products in 2009 should consider 20 key software features in their vendor evaluation.
Pricing and Availability
The report is available for
About Groom Energy Solutions
Groom Energy Solutions provides renewable and energy efficiency solutions to companies across the U.S. The company designs, engineers and installs energy technology projects helping reduce costs while positively affecting the environment. These projects include control systems, daylight harvesting, HVAC, lighting and power factor correction and renewable energy solutions such as architectural wind, solar electric and solar thermal systems. In addition, Groom Energy provides climate impact consulting, demand response program participation, energy commodity purchasing, maintenance programs and financing services.
Groom Energy’s customers include: Budweiser, EMC Corporation, General Electric, Ocean Spray and Thermo Fisher Scientific among others. For more information please visit www.groomenergy.com.
SOURCE Groom Energy Solutions