Big Push To Protect Precious Water from Toxic Waste
Poll Finds Majority of Texans Oppose Politicians that Support Nuke Dump
“Most folks didn’t know that the
Greenwood, who lives just east of the dump in
“The mission of Save the Ogallala Aquifer is to equip citizens with the facts, encourage them to contact elected officials, and encourage the
The organization has set up a website, www.savetheogallalaaquifer.com, and commissioned a poll by national pollster, Wilson Research Strategies. The poll of 800
When voters are told that there is a plan to dump nuclear waste in
- 66% were unaware that there was a plan to dump nuclear waste in
- 63% opposed the idea of dumping nuclear waste in
- 72% of Democrats, 60% of Republicans, and 63% of Independents are opposed to dumping nuclear waste.
- Opposition increase from 63% to 80% when voters hear about the Aquifer. 56% of
Texasvoters would vote for the gubernatorial candidate who opposed the waste landfill.
- Majorities of all partisan groups are likely to vote for a gubernatorial candidate who opposes the landfill with 69% of Democrats, 54% of Independents, and 52% of Republicans saying so.
- 63% say they would vote for the legislative candidate who opposed the waste storage.
“It’s clear that keeping the Ogallala Aquifer free from radioactive waste is a non partisan issue,” says Greenwood. “This is a wake-up call for everyone to look much closer at what we are about to do to this important natural resource.”
SOURCE Save The Ogallala Aquifer