Caribbean Contractor Receives U.S. Patent for its Non-Invasive Roof Securement System for Existing Industrial and Commercial Buildings in Hurricane Zones
CSSC Roof Retrofit System Satisfies Insurers, Lowers Rates
Due to recent devastating hurricane and windstorm related losses many leading insurance companies are requiring building owners to retrofit the roof structures on industrial and commercial buildings to minimize the possibility of “wind uplift” during a major storm. CSSC’s non-invasive retrofit method of securing existing roof structures was specifically designed to meet or exceed FM Global’s exacting loss prevention standards. FM Global has had proven success in decreasing or eliminating roof losses and related interior damage and business interruption claims. As a result, many other insurance companies and property owners are adopting these stringent standards. Additionally, buildings with enhanced roof securement systems are often eligible for reduced insurance premiums reflecting the reduced risk of losses. Building owners and facilities managers should contact their insurer’s loss prevention engineers for further information.
Advantages to CSSC Roof Securement Retrofit Method
In addition to exceeding FM Global’s stringent wind uplift standards, CSSC’s patented non-invasive exterior installation process has many benefits compared to outdated roof strengthening techniques.
- The fastening system is installed directly through the existing roof structure, while eliminating the risk of leaks during installation.
- The exterior installation allows for a more complete securement of roof areas that would otherwise be inaccessible from below due to interior obstacles such as ducting and offices.
- The fastening system precisely aligns with the existing roof joists ensuring a more complete roof securement.
- Fasteners can be installed side by side, or “double-stitched” to maximize available fastening surface and provide exceptionally high wind uplift ratings.
- The retrofit process is much quicker than alternative securement methods and never interrupts sensitive operations within the building.
- Completely eliminates the possibility of interior exposure to the elements while retrofitting.
Environmental, Safety, and Health Benefits of the CSSC System
- CSSC’s retrofit system minimizes the use of new materials by using the existing roof system as its base.
- Retrofitting existing roof systems saves landfill space; approximately 1 cubic foot of landfill space is saved for each 4 square feet of roof area.
- The non-invasive installation process does not require asbestos monitoring.
About Caribbean Sunlife Specialties Corp. (CSSC)
CSSC is a
The company also develops, refines, patents and installs roof securement enhancement systems, primarily for critical manufacturing and commercial facilities. In addition to the patented method described in this news release, CSSC has developed a process for roof securement of precast concrete panel roofs. This newest system and hardware have also been installed extensively in
Contacts: Caribbean Sunlife Specialties Corp. Telephone: +787.724.3518 Fax: +787.725.6967 Matthew Kelly, Director of Project Design & Management firstname.lastname@example.org And Peter Hambly, General Manager email@example.com
SOURCE Caribbean Sunlife Specialties Corp.