Top 5 Summer Road Trip Tech Tips
- Inspect your tires. Tires should be properly inflated to the pressure listed in your owner’s manual, sidewalls should be clear without checking or cracks, and there should be at least 1/16-inch of tread left. Also make sure your spare is inflated.
- Check your cooling system. Many modern cars often have long-life coolant engineered to last up to 100,000 miles; older cars and RVs need to have the coolant changed more frequently. Make sure the radiator is full (check while engine is cold), and the overflow tank should be filled to its indicator line. All hoses should be firm and dry. If the level is low, try using distilled water to prevent scale and mineral buildup.
- For added insurance, try a bottle of Red Line’s WatterWetter(R), designed to keep the coolant temperature from climbing when challenged. This product can lower temps as much as 20 degrees F by increasing the “wetting ability” of the water that comes in contact with your engine. Think of it as “road trip insurance” for cars on road trips, tow vehicles and RVs.
- Check your oil. Many owners forget to check the level between oil changes. Make sure your oil level is full, and for longer drain intervals switch to a top-quality, ester-based synthetic. Red Line’s fully-synthetic motor oils provide the highest protection, cleanliness and superior drain intervals with the lowest friction for your gasoline or diesel engine. Also note that you can add a quart of synthetic to conventional oils without issue.
- Check your transmission fluid level. Most automatics have a dipstick clearly labeled in the engine compartment. Fluid should be full and clean (clear red, not brown or black). Manual transmissions should be serviced at intervals recommended in your owner’s manual. When having your transmission serviced, consider using a fully-synthetic fluid like
Red Linefor increased durability and wear protection. Also ensure that the fluid you select is just right for your vehicle.
Celebrating its 30th anniversary, Red Line Synthetic Oil Corp. manufactures more than 100 quality products for the automotive, racing, motorcycle, marine and industrial markets. Its complete line includes a wide variety of motor oils, gear oils, additives, and greases. For more information, please visit www.RedLineOil.com or contact Red Line Synthetic Oil Corp., 6100 Egret Court,
SOURCE Red Line Synthetic Oil Corp.