The Institute for Defense and Business Offers Log21: Logistics for the 21st Century, September 27-October 2
CHAPEL HILL, N.C., Aug. 17 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ – On September 27th the Institute for Defense and Business (IDB) will be welcoming its fifth class of Log21 participants. Log21: Logistics for the 21st Century is a week-long executive education program designed for approximately 35 early-career, high-potential logisticians from the defense industry, the military, and the Department of Defense (DoD). Participant profiles include: private sector personnel three to eight years into their careers; O-2 to O-4 military participants; and GS-12 to GS-13/NSPS pay-band equivalent for government employees.
Registrants in past courses have represented the following organizations: Agility Defense & Government Services, Inc.; BAE Systems, Inc.; The Boeing Company; Lockheed Martin Corporation; Robbins-Gioia, LLC; Logistics Management Institute (LMI); Defense Logistics Agency; U.S. Army; U.S. Air Force; U.S. Coast Guard; U.S. Marine Corps, and the U.S. Navy. Space is still available for the upcoming course. If you are interested in attending or nominating someone for the September 27-October 2 course, please contact either Theresa Esposto, Director of Industry Relations at 919-969-8008 or email@example.com for industry interest, or April McGill, Military & Industry Outreach Associate at 919-969-8008 or firstname.lastname@example.org for military interest.
Log21 delivers a tailored leadership development experience that accelerates the career advancement of participants. The applied curriculum covers topics such as technology insertion, life cycle design, public/private partnerships, performance based logistics (PBL), contract negotiations and an intro to the DoD budget process. During the week participants will have the opportunity to learn from the following speakers:
- MG Vincent Boles, (Ret.) USA, Former Deputy G-4, U.S. Army *
- LTC Nathan Hunsinger, Commander, 188th Brigade Support Battalion, U.S. Army
- Mr. Nathan “Chip” Retson, Chief Counsel, Defense Contract Management Agency (DCMA) *
- Dr. Wendell Gilland, Associate Professor of Operations, Technology and Innovation Management (OTIM), University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill’s (UNC’s) Kenan Flagler Business School
- Dr. Rick Gilkey, Associate Professor in the Practice of Organization and Management
- Professor Steve Haynes, Adjunct Lecturer, N.C. State University
- Dr. Al Segars, RBC Centura Distinguished Professor and Chair of Strategy and Entrepreneurship, UNC’s Kenan Flagler Business School
- Mr. Bill Fast, Professor of Financial Management, Defense Acquisition University
- Mr. Jim Brunke, President and Founder, Brunke & Associates, and Former Vice President and Chief Executive Officer, Boeing Shanghai Aviation Services, Inc., Technical Services, Boeing Commercial Aviation Services
- Mr. Allan Manning, Logistics, Sustainment and Supply Chain Initiatives, Defense and Aerospace Programs, SAS
- Mr. Joe Grosson, IDB Senior Faculty, and former Executive Director of Lockheed Martin’s Focused Logistics Enterprise
- Mr. Anand Iyer, President and COO, WellDoc Communications, Inc. *
- Mr. Rick Grandinetti, Vision Planning, Inc.
Click here to see the schedule for the September 27 – October 2 course.
The Institute for Defense and Business (IDB) is a non-profit research and education institute formed in 1997 by UNC-Chapel Hill and the state of North Carolina. The IDB offers a series of educational programs for the military, government, non-governmental agencies, and private industry, in the areas of logistics, organizational management, life cycle systems, and economic stabilization.
SOURCE Institute for Defense and Business