Martin Truex Jr. to Pilot the No. 1 Rain-X(R) Chevrolet at New Hampshire Motor Speedway
CONCORD, N.C., Sept. 18 /PRNewswire/ — Earnhardt Ganassi Racing with Felix Sabates and Shell Lubricants announce today that the Rain-X(R) brand will make its debut as the primary sponsor on the No. 1 Chevrolet of Martin Truex Jr. for the Sept. 20 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series (NSCS) race at New Hampshire Motor Speedway in Loudon, N.H. For more than 30 years, the legendary Rain-X(R) Original Glass Treatment has been dramatically improving wet weather driving visibility by causing precipitation to bead up and roll off the windshield.
The No. 1 Chevrolet Impala SS’s bright yellow and blue design draws inspiration from the yellow and blue color scheme that has become synonymous with the Rain-X(R) brand. Race fans should be sure to look for the Rain-X(R) logo on the hood of the No. 1 Chevy along with the giant “beaded” rain drops running off the windshield and down the sides of the front quarter-panels of the No. 1 Chevrolet Impala SS.
Notes of Interest:
- TRUEX at NEW HAMPSHIRE: Martin Truex Jr. will be making his seventh career NSCS start at New Hampshire Motor Speedway this weekend when he takes the green flag in his No. 1 Rain-X(R) Chevrolet. Truex’s average starting position is 11.1 while his average finishing position is 13.7. He has scored three top-five, four top-10, and four top-15 finishes. His best finish came in July of 2007 when he finished third. He has also led 47 laps in his seven NSCS starts. Truex has also made the most of his Nationwide Series (NNS) starts at the track, particularly the July 2005 race when he brought home win number five of six for the 2005 NNS season.
- TRUEX HISTORY: Truex has a total of 142 starts in the NSCS, with one win, 12 top-five finishes, 34 top-10 results, and three pole awards. The Mayetta, NJ native made his mark in the NSCS after claiming his first pole award, seven top-five finishes, 14 top-10s, and his career first victory at Dover International Raceway during the 2007 season. The win catapulted Truex and his team into the “Chase for the Sprint Cup” where they finished 11th in the 2007 points standings. Truex is a two-time winner of the NASCAR Nationwide Series Championship in 2004 and 2005.
- A Visible Difference: As the industry’s leading rain repellant, Rain-X Original Glass Treatment acts as an invisible wiper blade clearing the view for motorists. In recent years, the brand extended its driving-visibility expertise with the introduction of Rain-X Latitude(R) wiper blades. These revolutionary wiper blades, with their unique curvature, contour to the shape of your windshield to provide evenly distributed wiping pressure along the full length of the blade.
- Rain-X(R) Original Glass Treatment is the No. 1 glass treatment and Rain-X(R) is No. 1 brand in Glass Care.
- Rain-X(R) Latitude was rated the No. 1 beam blade by a leading consumer product magazine. Constructed of specially blended graphite-coated rubber blades designed to deliver a smooth, clean, chatter-free wipe.
- Rain-X encourages drivers to check or change their wiper blades every six months to a year or before their driving visibility is impaired.
Shell Lubricants/Rain-X Quote, Frans Everts, General Manager Global Car Care: “Rain-X is excited to pair up with Martin Truex Jr.’s No. 1 Chevrolet to help remind drivers about the importance of driving visibility. Rain-X offers wiper blades and Rain-X Original Glass Treatment to dramatically improve wet weather driving visibility. Fall is a perfect time of year to change your wiper blades and apply Rain-X Original Glass Treatment in preparation for upcoming winter weather. As racing fans, we can’t think of a better race to spread this important driving safety message!”
Steve Lauletta, President, Earnhardt Ganassi Racing with Felix Sabates: “As a company we are very pleased to have the ability to continue to forge new partnerships with top brands like Rain-X and the fact that our business is auto racing makes the partnership even more important. They make some of the best automotive treatment products on the market and we are proud to say that we use a number of them on our race cars, company vehicles and transporters. We think this is a great partnership for both of us and look forward to the No. 1 Rain-X Chevrolet making its on-track debut this weekend in Loudon.”
Martin Truex Jr., Driver: “As someone that spends a lot of time behind the wheel of a car, I’m constantly thinking about driver safety. In racing, visibility is extremely important, and there isn’t a product out there that helps provide more visibility in tough driving conditions that Rain-X.”
About Rain-X(R): Rain-X(R) branded products are produced and marketed by Shell Lubricants. The term ‘Shell Lubricants’ collectively refers to the companies of the Shell Group engaged in the lubricants business. Shell plc that are engaged in the lubricants business. Shell Lubricants companies lead the lubricants industry, supplying 13% of global lubricants volume.(a) The companies manufacture and blend products for use in applications ranging from consumer motor oil and food processing oils to heavy industrial lubricants and commercial transport oils. The Shell Lubricants portfolio of top-quality brands includes Pennzoil(R), Quaker State(R), FormulaShell(R), Shell TELLUS(R), Shell CASSIDA(R), Shell RIMULA(R), Shell ROTELLA(R) T, Shell SPIRAX(R), a portfolio of leading car care brands and Jiffy Lube(R) lubrication services.
(a)Kline & Company, “Competitive Intelligence for the Global Lubricants Industry, 2008 – 2018.”
SOURCE Earnhardt Ganassi Racing