Lighting Science Previews Breakthrough Lighting Technology at the California Governors’ Global Change Summit 2
LOS ANGELES, Sept. 30 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ — Lighting Science Group Corporation (LSG) (Pink Sheets: LSCG), a global leader in LED lighting products, will preview its next generation line of LED retrofit lamps that will be available in the fourth quarter of this year. The new line of lamps will have substantially increased light output compared to LSG’s current line but will be available at about half the cost. LSG’s new line of LED retrofit lamps has the potential to dramatically expand the market for LED lighting technology.
“Until today, the use of LED based lamps was limited to applications where operational costs and energy rates were high enough to justify the expense of changing to LED lamps,” said Zach Gibler, Chief Executive Officer of LSG. “Now, Lighting Science is preparing to make energy efficient LED lighting available for a wider range of applications by delivering unrivaled performance for the price. Our new line of LED retrofit lamps will use approximately 80% less energy than the traditional lighting technology lamps they replace. In most applications, Lighting Science’s new line of LED retrofit lamps should pay for themselves in well under one year based on energy savings alone. This rapid payback coupled with the exceptionally long life of LEDs will provide significant financial returns for customers and should result in strong market growth for these products.”
The new LSG LED retrofit lamp line includes the following lamp types:
- MR16, GU5.3 and GU10 A small reflector lamp for use in residential and commercial track and downlight fixtures. Ideal in high end retail, museum, hospitality, restaurant, and home applications. Dimmable, available in spot and flood beam spreads. Consumes 5 to 7 watts and lasts about 30,000 hours. Replaces 20-35W halogen MR16 lamps.
- A19 The standard and well known light bulb shape for use in standard lighting fixtures, mostly commonly table lamps. Ideal in home, office and hospitality applications. Dimmable, standard beam spread. Consumes 6 to 8 watts and lasts about 50,000 hours. Replaces 40W incandescent lamps.
- PAR20 A reflector lamp for use in residential track and downlight fixtures. Ideal in retail, hospitality, restaurant, office and home applications. Dimmable, available in spot and flood beam spreads. Consumes 5 to 7 watts and lasts about 50,000 hours. Replaces 35-50W halogen and incandescent lamps.
- PAR30 A reflector lamp for use in residential track and downlight fixtures. Ideal in retail, hospitality, restaurant, office and home applications. Dimmable, available in spot and flood beam spreads. Consumes approximately 13 watts and lasts about 50,000 hours. Replaces 60W halogen and incandescent lamps.
- PAR38 A reflector lamp for use in residential track and downlight fixtures. Ideal in retail, hospitality, restaurant, office and home applications. Dimmable, available in spot and flood beam spreads. Consumes approximately 18 watts and lasts about 50,000 hours. Replaces a 75W halogen and incandescent lamps.
The new line of Lighting Science LED retrofit lamps will offer a warm and pleasing light color, meet or exceed Energy Star energy efficiency standards, and be UL certified. Operating samples of the new Lighting Science retrofit lamps will be shown and demonstrated at the California Governors’ Global Change Summit 2 in Los Angeles.
“Lighting Science is proud to introduce its next generation of LED replacement lamps to the attendees at this year’s California Governors’ Global Change Summit 2. It is an ideal platform to showcase an environmentally responsible and sustainable alternative that makes economic sense,” said Gibler. “We are very excited about the opportunity to be able to make a meaningful contribution to the global energy challenge.”
Replacing just one 60W halogen lamp in each U.S. household with a current Lighting Science SoL R30 13W LED lamp would reduce energy consumption by 9.6 billion KWH, which is equivalent to:
- Eliminating CO2 emissions from the electricity use of 956,901 homes for one year.
- Greenhouse gas emissions avoided by recycling 2,379,054 tons of waste instead of sending it to landfills.
- Carbon sequestered annually by 176,903,984 tree seedlings grown for 10 years.
Source: U.S. EPA Greenhouse Gas Equivalencies Calculator, www.epa.gov/cleanenergy/energy-resources/calculator.html.
About Lighting Science
Lighting Science Group Corporation designs, develops, manufactures and markets LED lighting solutions that are environmentally friendlier and more energy efficient than traditional lighting products. LSG offers retrofit LED lamps in form factors that match the form factor of traditional lamps or bulbs and LED luminaires for a range of applications including public and private infrastructure for both indoor and outdoor applications. LSG’s Custom Solutions business unit designs, develops and manufactures custom LED lighting solutions for architectural and artistic projects. LSG is headquartered in Satellite Beach, Florida; LSG’s Custom Solutions business unit is based in Rancho Cordova, California; LSG’s European operations are based in Goes, The Netherlands; and, LSG has sales offices in Tokyo, Japan, Buckinghamshire, England and Sydney, Australia. More information about LSG is available at www.lsgc.com.
Forward Looking Statements
Certain statements in this press release may constitute “forward-looking statements” made under the “safe harbor” provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. The statements include, but are not limited to statements regarding our expectations concerning management and our ability to expand and develop our business and statements using terminology such as “breakthrough,” “advance,” “success,” “will,” “should,” “intensified,” “expected,” “revived,” “would,” “could,” “expect,” “intend,” “plan,” “anticipate,” “believe,” “potential,” “opportunity,” “greater,” “preparing,” or “extensive.” Such statements reflect the current view of LSG with respect to future events and are subject to certain risks, uncertainties and assumptions. Known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors could cause actual results to differ materially from those contemplated by the statements. In evaluating these statements, you should specifically consider various factors that may cause our actual results to differ materially from any forward-looking statements. Readers should carefully review the risk factors detailed under “Risk Factors” in our Form 10-K’s, Form 10-Q’s and other Securities and Exchange Commission filings. These filings can be obtained by contacting LSG’s Contact.
SOURCE Lighting Science Group Corporation