Planet Green and Treehugger.com Examine the Temperature of the United Nations Climate Change Conference in Copenhagen
SILVER SPRING, Md., Dec. 2 /PRNewswire/ — As world leaders and environmental advocates from around the globe converge in Copenhagen, Denmark to establish a new climate protocol, Planet Green, Treehugger.com and PlanetGreen.com will be on the ground for a comprehensive view of this pivotal event beginning December 7th. On-air and online, the network and its digital platforms will take the pulse of the COP15 with wrap up analysis of the news of the day, commentary from environmental leaders, reactions from the thousands of concerned citizens gathered for the conference and a special episode of FOCUS EARTH WITH BOB WOODRUFF.
With representatives from over 190 countries meeting to expand the soon-to-expire Kyoto Protocol and discussing limiting global warming, Planet Green and Treehugger.com will be on hand in the Danish capital to provide in-depth coverage including:
- PlanetGreen.com’s new daily environmental news series Planet 100 will provide video news updates covering the top stories from Copenhagen: http://www.planetgreen.com/planet100. Planet 100 is hosted by Sarah Backhouse and covers the top environmental news in 100 seconds or less each day with stories and voices from across the environmental blogosphere;
- COP15: Following the Copenhagen Climate Talks
Leaders of the world are meeting in Copenhagen in December to discuss climate change issues, and what must be done to stop the detrimental effects of global warming. This is one of the biggest — and most important — gatherings that will have been held to date. The road to progress, however, is laden with hurdles. Treehugger.com follows the news leading up to the event with reporters on the ground covering the news and politics of the talks, as well as the events, emotions, and attitudes happening around the event. From man-on-the-street interviews, to talks with the political players, TreeHugger correspondents will expose the “climate of the climate talk” at http://www.treehugger.com/copenhagen-climate-change-conference/;
- Copenhagen 101 — Treehugger.com provides all the resources and insights to help readers understand what’s happening and what’s at stake with a series of guides including The (Mostly) Non-Wonky COP15 Crib Sheet — What Are The Sides? What’s Still Being Debated? http://www.treehugger.com/files/2009/11/mostly-non-wonky-cop15-crib-sheet.php, COP15: What’s at Stake in Under Five Minutes http://planetgreen.discovery.com/work-connect/cop15-stake-minutes.html, COP15: Track Climate Talk Progress with Twitter and Social Media http://planetgreen.discovery.com/work-connect/track-climate-conference-twitter.html;
- Television’s only environmental news series, FOCUS EARTH WITH BOB WOODRUFF will report from the event and include interviews with U.S. and international players in Copenhagen. Bob Woodruff will examine how climate issues have reached an unprecedented level of global concern over the last 12 years and what has and hasn’t been done to address them. The special episode will premiere Saturday, December 19 at 7PM ET/PT;
- And finally, the much-buzzed-about dramatic mini-series BURN UP, starring Bradley Whitford and Neve Campbell, will premiere on Planet Green on Sunday, December 6 at 10 PM ET/PT. The two-part mini series special is a high-stakes conspiracy thriller in which two friends — power players in the international oil industry — face a series of violent events and shocking revelations that could tear apart their friendship, their business, even civilization as we know it. This Rose d’Or winner has drawn accolades for OscarÃ‚®-winning writer Simon Beaufoy’s (Slumdog Millionaire, The Full Monty) contemporary approach to a real world issue.
Please visit PlanetGreen.com for channel finder information.
Planet Green is the multi-platform media destination that launched on June 4, 2008. Planet Green is the center for a new conversation, speaking to people who want to understand how humans impact the planet and how to live a more environmentally sustainable lifestyle.
Planet Green and its two robust websites PlanetGreen.com and Treehugger.com, offer unique, original, insightful, inspiring, and entertaining content related to how we can evolve to live a better, brighter future. Planet Green’s unique programming, digital tools, and content will enlighten, empower and most certainly, entertain.
Planet Green is a division of Discovery Communications
SOURCE Planet Green