General Michael V. Hayden (Ret.) to Keynote Cyber Security Forum
May 25-26, 2010, Arlington, VA, USA
NEEDHAM, Mass., May 5 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ — OMG(TM) today announced that General Michael V. Hayden (Ret.), Former Director of the National Security Agency (NSA) and the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), will be giving the keynote address at the Cyber Security Forum. For more information and to register for the event, visit http://www.omg.org/cyber-pr.
Public and Private Enterprises are facing the same cyber security problems, and encountering attacks from organized crime, state-sponsored hackers and private individuals alike. It’s time for the public and private sectors to pool resources and knowledge to work together to solve this common security issue across all networks.
The Cyber Security Forum will explore the opportunities for a public-private partnership–to promote understanding of the issues and work together to find standards-based solutions to the challenges of operating in a dangerous internet environment.
Hear from industry and government experts on the state of cyber security including counter-intelligence, research and development and cyber security in the cloud. This CyberSecurity Forum is the beginning of a collaborative effort to raise awareness of and encourage the broad use of cyber security standards developed through the joint efforts of vendors, end-users and government agencies through standards organizations like OMG. Everyone with an interest in cyber security is encouraged to participate.
General Hayden will be presenting “The CyberSecurity Challenge: Its Affect and Effect” at 9:15 a.m. EDT on May 25, day one of the two-day forum.
- Joe Jarzombek – Director Software Assurance, Department of Homeland Security, National Cyber Security Division
- Sam Visner – VP, Strategy and Business Development, Enforcement, Security and Intelligence Division, CSC & Former Deputy Chairman, Intelligence Committee, Armed Forces Communications and Electronics Association
- Establishing a Standards Approach for the Cyber Arena
- Managing Risk in an Environment of Advanced Persistent Cyber Threats: Next Generation Security Standards and Guidelines
- How to Measure Success; Is Cyber Security a National and Public Effort – Panel
- Issues with Effective Collaboration – Panel
- Forming the CyberSecurity Community of Practice (CoP) – Roundtable
OMG(TM) is an international, open membership, not-for-profit computer industry standards consortium. OMG Task Forces develop enterprise integration standards for a wide range of technologies and an even wider range of industries. OMG’s modeling standards enable powerful visual design, execution and maintenance of software and other processes. For more information, visit www.omg.org.
Note to editors: For a listing of all OMG trademarks, visit http://www.omg.org/legal/tm_list.htm.
SOURCE OMG (Object Management Group)