Fremont Insurance Provides Seasonal Dwelling Advice; Offers to Waive Deductible for Claims
FREMONT, Mich., Sept. 23 /PRNewswire/ – Fremont Michigan InsuraCorp, Inc. (OTC Bulletin Board: FMMH) is committed to helping homeowners protect their homes. The Company regularly shares tips and recommendations with its customers throughout the year to help homeowners avoid a wide variety of potentially devastating losses. The Company’s latest offering, a checklist for closing seasonal dwellings, comes along with an additional incentive – an offer to waive the policyholder’s deductible should any losses occur even though the homeowner has followed the company’s recommendations.
“Fremont Insurance works closely with our agents and their customers to help them understand and reduce the risk of losses whenever possible,” said Kurt Dettmer, vice president of marketing for Fremont Insurance. “We understand it takes time and a financial commitment to execute all of the recommendations, so we like to be able to reward customers who take steps to be conscientious homeowners.”
The Fremont Insurance Winterization Checklist includes the following recommendations:
- Turn off the water at its supply point – at the street level where possible or at entry to dwelling or turn off electricity to well if applicable
- Maintain heat when not fully winterizing – at least 58 degrees to prevent furnace flue buildup – and turn off heat if fully winterized
- Remove perishable foods
- Drain water lines and traps – especially water supply lines. After draining, leave the valves open so the remaining water can evaporate
- Add antifreeze to hot water heating systems, toilets, washing machines and sink traps
- Designate a neighbor, friend or relative to visit and tour the dwelling at least weekly
- Ensure gas tanks are scheduled for automatic fill and are accessible during periods of snowfall
- Clear roof of snow periodically after storms to reduce the possibility of ice backup or collapse
- Visit the dwelling personally during or after periods of extreme cold or suspected power outage
- Install motion sensors to your exterior lights
- Hire a professional contractor to winterize for you
“At Fremont Insurance, we stand ready to assist you if a property loss should occur, but there are some things that simply can’t be replaced, including family heirlooms and photographs,” added Dettmer. “By following these simple recommendations a homeowner can significantly reduce their risk of suffering a major loss and now also gain some additional protection by earning the opportunity to have their deductible waived by Fremont Insurance.”
About Fremont Michigan InsuraCorp, Inc.
Fremont Michigan InsuraCorp, Inc. is the holding company for Fremont Insurance Company. Headquartered in Fremont, Mich., the company provides property and casualty insurance to individuals, farms and small businesses exclusively in Michigan. Fremont Michigan InsuraCorp’s common stock trades under the symbol “FMMH.”
SOURCE Fremont Michigan InsuraCorp, Inc.